Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit? You mean a hard foul?

Take your starters out of the game, wouldn't have happened. This stuff goes on in sports at all levels more than just that one incident. And a "hard" foul is pretty weak in basketball, he put two hands on the guy and took him down. Big deal.

BTW, never did i say it was perfectly ok. I said don't put it on the same level.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Well you just have bad taste. :D

LOL ... Iverson wasn't going to do s*** for Philly from here on out and they get two 1st round picks. He'll help Denver but it may be too little too late after the Melo Yellow suspension. He may keep them in the thick of things until the suspension is over.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 08:08 AM)
I'm fairly surprised that Philly didn't hold out for JR Smith.

Well Miller fills a need for them more than Smith, since Philly only have Kevin Ollie at the point. The can put Korver and Igoudala in the starting lineup now as well.

So I think all things considering Billy King actually did well here. They'll have 3 1st round picks in the upcoming draft (should get one of the big's to build around).

Now all they need to do is to dump Webber on somebody.

With Iverson off to Denver, I think Philly should be shopping Webber and rebuild through pics.

I know Webber is on the decline but is still a decent post presence and could fit in the Bulls starting 5.

PJ Brown and a 2nd round pick for Webber?

Philly will take Brown and his expiring contract like they just did for Joe Smith and a 2nd round pick is all Webber is really worth these days.

Hinrich

Gordon

Deng

Webber

Wallace

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
With Iverson off to Denver, I think Philly should be shopping Webber and rebuild through pics.

I know Webber is on the decline but is still a decent post presence and could fit in the Bulls starting 5.

Philly will take Brown and his expiring contract like they just did for Joe Smith and a 2nd round pick is all Webber is really worth these days.

Hinrich

Gordon

Deng

Webber

Wallace

I'm not sure I'd even give up that much for Webber, just on the chance that Minny decides to pull the Trigger on Garnett this season. Pretty terrible contract, not much in the way of production, probably less valuable than the guys we already have. He may very well just replace PJ Brown in sitting on the bench watching Noc and Deng holding down the front court. And by next year, that's probably all he'd be doing.

Hell of a game tonight by the Bulls too.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)

Hinrich

Gordon

Deng

Webber

Wallace

Webber gets like 23 million the next couple of years. If we just gave them Brown they'd give us a couple first round picks as well to get rid of him.