Ken Macha Fired

greasywheels121

When I saw the quotes after game 3 from Chavez and Bradley conceding the series, my first thought was, What the hell kind of a clubhouse allows that?

Then you read Melhuse's comments, and you still want to say this is just Beane being an ass?

C'mon -- the last thing he wants to do with his budget is waste $2 mil. It sounds like Macha just lost his team.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Good place for Busty Daker

I see Dusty really picking his spot for his next move. He made a ton of cash with the Cubs and supposedly was pissed how it ended. I think he wants to slide into a top contender position and win right away, even if that means waiting awhile.

But I do see your point in Oakland, Beane may have a lot of issues, but he's figured out how to win that division on a consistent basis, so that could be a place Dusty would look good sliding in and heading to the playoffs.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
When I saw the quotes after game 3 from Chavez and Bradley conceding the series, my first thought was, What the hell kind of a clubhouse allows that?

Then you read Melhuse's comments, and you still want to say this is just Beane being an ass?

C'mon -- the last thing he wants to do with his budget is waste $2 mil. It sounds like Macha just lost his team.

With guys like Milton Bradley and Frank Thomas...they did have a lot of guys who weren't exactly your classic wonderful clubhouse people.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
With guys like Milton Bradley and Frank Thomas...they did have a lot of guys who weren't exactly your classic wonderful clubhouse people.

It hardly sounds like those were the only two he was having trouble with (if he was even having trouble with them, at all).

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)

Ditto. I think Macha lost the guys. I remember them talking about Swisher and him knocking heads multiple times and they somehow portrayed that in a good light (ie Swisher has that "energy" and "desire").

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
I really doubt Dusty would get the A's job. He doesn't really subscribe to the moneyball theory if that makes sense. I don't think he'd be a good fit there.

""walks are no good if all they do is clog the basepaths so the faster guys can't run"

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
It wouldn't surprise me if Dusty Baker got the job.

It would shock me. A, the A's aren't gonna spend a ton of money for a manager (especially when they are already paying Macha 2 mill) and B, Baker isn't going to just sit there and be told what to do by Beane. If I were a proven mgr (and Baker is that, even though he didn't actually do that great with the Cubs) there is absolutely no way I'd take the A's job.

In fact, I'd do all I could not to take that job, unless my only other choice was something like the Dray job.