John Kerry and Cindy Sheehan

kapkomet

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 03:40 AM)
Everyone knows he's joking, yet people are trying to make it a bigger deal. Shameful no matter who is doing it.

Quit beating around the Bush, Tex. *I'm* not making a bigger deal of it like *you* keep on insinuating, but I certainly think it's worth talking about if he's going to choose to say something that's so stupid.

My whole point with the thread is the insensitivity and poisonous political climate has led to some absolutely obnoxious statements out there, and I think it's shameful that we as Americans accept this as "jokes".

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 07:09 AM)
Quit beating around the Bush, Tex. *I'm* not making a bigger deal of it like *you* keep on insinuating, but I certainly think it's worth talking about if he's going to choose to say something that's so stupid.

My whole point with the thread is the insensitivity and poisonous political climate has led to some absolutely obnoxious statements out there, and I think it's shameful that we as Americans accept this as "jokes".

Kap, you aren't the only one. By people I mean many more than you. If it was just you, we'd just ignore your rumour mongering ways. :) Both teams play this game. Take a nothing statement and try to ride it for all its worth. There are too many minutes that need to be filled on radio and tv, too many column inches in newspapers, and too many bytes on web sites.

I agree with everything you are stating except calling the statement obnoxious, it is only obnoxious if you think he was joking about *killing* the President ®. If you believe, like I do, he was talking about replacing the President ®, it isn't nearly as obnoxious. Not very funny either.

Killing two birds with one stone = completing two projects with one action. Therefore killing = completing *not * killing = eliminating life.

Ding ding ding. Thanks for helping me to phrase this better. I agree with that. But what we have in many of these situations is politicians and their fans actively trying to find the wrong way. That's what I object to. How can we spin this into sounding bad for the politician, even when we know what he really meant.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
As I said in an earlier post, I know that's what he meant, and I also know that he's smart enough to realize that anything can be taken the wrong way, and he said it anyway. That's my problem with it.

It was a reaction to another joke. Something tells me there wasn't much thought to it at all.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
John McCain on the possibility of the Democrats winning Congress.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22

So much for John trying to woo the middle. Seems like the last year or two, he moved a bit to the right. If he keeps talking like that, I'll start to think he wants to be the trench candidate for the GOP instead of the moderate.

He has to move right to get out of the primaries, unless the Dems just beat the s*** out of the Repubs, and I'm still not convinced that this is going to happen quite yet. It's all about the turnout, and I think people are going to be surprised at the turnouts.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
He has to move right to get out of the primaries, unless the Dems just beat the s*** out of the Repubs, and I'm still not convinced that this is going to happen quite yet. It's all about the turnout, and I think people are going to be surprised at the turnouts.

Just like Dems move left to get out of the primaries.

Like two baseball teams, they may have different goals, but the game rules and strategies are the same. They are both in the same industry and have more similarities than differences at most neighborhood parties.