Vote Republican or Die

KipWellsFan

Wait a minute... the republic party has to turn to their good buddy Osama to make people vote republican... Are people guillible enough to believe this KNOWING the reason that there are so many more terrorists today is because we invaded Iraq and screwed it up so badly. But i'm sure some guillible bible thumping hillbilly somewhere in a high terror area like the middle of Nebraska will eat this crap up...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 07:19 AM)
And I guess its refreshing to know that on the other side of the fence there are just as many narrowminded stereotyping elitists with nothing better to do than call people names rather than actually contribute anything to the discussion.

Awesome, SS! :cheers

Wow...just wow. I don't care who made this commercial. It makes me sick.

Hey, let's pray on the fears of Americans instead of telling them what they will try to do once they get in office.

Every election makes me hate politics more and more.

It appears this is a "Phantom buy", basically an ad produced and distributed online in the hopes that Fox News and CNN and so on will pick it up and run it for free a few hundred times under the "new controversial ad" headline.

The RNC is very proud of its new web video highlighting the Bush administration's failure to catch bin Laden and has decided to broadcast the video on national cable stations this weekend.

Since the RNC declined to provide specific details about the scope of its media buy, we checked and found that - as we suspected - it's a phantom buy.

According to publicly available information, the RNC is spending a paltry $20,000 on national cable, meaning that the ad will appear less than five times on Sunday and Monday. In fact, the paid ad will air just once on FOX News.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
What I don't get is all this ad does is show why it's so important to vote for a democrat... What I don't understand is why the republican party wants me to vote for democrats... :lol:

They're so scared of the terrorists that they'll do anything to protect themselves, and they've realized that the Republicans have only made things worse. :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 07:19 AM)
And I guess its refreshing to know that on the other side of the fence there are just as many narrowminded stereotyping elitists with nothing better to do than call people names rather than actually contribute anything to the discussion.

It's SOOOOOOO typical of those on the left in general and it's been seen here on Soxtalk more often than not.

And they wonder why they keep losing.

Having watched the ad I don't see what's wrong with it. It is designed to remind people that Democrats have been and will continue to be soft on terrorism. One need look no farther than their relentless whining about the "rights" of terrorists, their desire to close Guantanamo, their opposition to the Patriot Act and the more recent Military Commissions bill.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
Yeah as opposed to Bush doing nothing but attacking the wrong country and creating more terrorists while wasting american lives...

Correct me if Im wrong but wasn't the 1st country we attacked Afghanistan? Was that a "waste of lives" to you also?

To leftists the fact that we are actively engaged in combat against terrorists abroad is a "waste of lives" and "just pisses them off even more". Hell, following that logic we may as well just forget about fighting terrorism altogether and cower under a blanket in the bedroom and pray they leave us alone. Islamic extremists started this war and I really could care less if the actions we take in response pisses them off.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
Correct me if Im wrong but wasn't the 1st country we attacked Afghanistan? Was that a "waste of lives" to you also?

To leftists the fact that we are actively engaged in combat against terrorists abroad is a "waste of lives" and "just pisses them off even more". Hell, following that logic we may as well just forget about fighting terrorism altogether and cower under a blanket in the bedroom and pray they leave us alone. Islamic extremists started this war and I really could care less if the actions we take in response pisses them off.

It would have really, really, really, really, really been nice if we had actually been willing to sacrifice more lives in Afghanistan when it would have really mattered. When it could have had an impact against Al Qaeda. If it had cost my life, if the nation had needed my life for that, I would have given it for that cause if asked. Instead, the huge majority of the costs have been spent on another conflict that someone decided was more important than going after the people who actually attacked us. And because of that other conflict, the people who actually attacked us are much, much stronger, and that is the worst part.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)

Wait a minute... the republic party has to turn to their good buddy Osama to make people vote republican... Are people guillible enough to believe this KNOWING the reason that there are so many more terrorists today is because we invaded Iraq and screwed it up so badly. But i'm sure some guillible bible thumping hillbilly somewhere in a high terror area like the middle of Nebraska will eat this crap up...

Hey, instead of doing thaaaaat, why don't the "leftists" and the "rightists" (?) get together...figure something out TOGETHER and solve this problem. All this time wasted by the two sides, "I'm right." "Nooo, I'm right."

How about this...you both are WRONG! Having a two/multiple party system is a great idea blown out of the water by a majority of old, rich, white people who have egos the size of frickin' Canada!

I'm sick of the wrangling on Soxtalk and I'm sick of the Wrangling in DC. I'm out of Filibuster until you can all admit that the other side has a CHANCE to be right once in awhile.

Ridiculous.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
Hey, instead of doing thaaaaat, why don't the "leftists" and the "rightists" (?) get together...figure something out TOGETHER and solve this problem. All this time wasted by the two sides, "I'm right." "Nooo, I'm right."

How about this...you both are WRONG! Having a two/multiple party system is a great idea blown out of the water by a majority of old, rich, white people who have egos the size of frickin' Canada!

I'm sick of the wrangling on Soxtalk and I'm sick of the Wrangling in DC. I'm out of Filibuster until you can all admit that the other side has a CHANCE to be right once in awhile.

Ridiculous.

Correct me if Im wrong but didn't I say that there were a couple of ideas that Pelosi had in her 1st 100 hours of a new Congress that had merit? Also, I've been VERY critical of the GOP's inability to rein in spending and letting the defecit go spiraling out of control in spite of record highs in revenues being taken in by the federal treasury.

By no means do I think that my side is ALWAYS right but I support them so relentlessly because I feel that in spite of their many shortcomings that they bring a more palatable way of doing things than the other side does.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread sucks. It started with a commercial thats partisan bullsh*t to begin with... Following that, we've got 15 posts of name calling.

What ever happened to the ban on attacking or making snarky comments about a group of people (i.e Muslims, "leftists," "right wing nuts.")

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
What ever happened to the ban on attacking or making snarky comments about a group of people (i.e Muslims, "leftists," "right wing nuts.")

You mean like this?

But i'm sure some guillible bible thumping hillbilly somewhere in a high terror area like the middle of Nebraska will eat this crap up...

:lol:

I dont start it.......I just finish it.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
You mean like this?

:lol:

There is a difference between making fun of some random, non-existing person and insulting some real person here on the board.

I could care less at this point if anyone labels someone else "leftist". Its just a lame attempt to antagonize others.

Nuke, you make some great points. You might even get some great discussion out of them here if you didn't coat them in layers of sarcasm, hyper-polarity and absolute dismissal of others' views via cartoonish exaggeration.

Oh, and, you don't finish it. We (the admins and moderators) do. This thread is going nowhere. Closed.

Edited by NorthSideSox72