Mets/Cards Game 7

CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Anyone just see that play that Chavez just made?

In the context of the game and its settings, that's one of the greatest plays I've ever seen.

It was a fine play but how big is that glove? He looks like a jai alai player.

You know, that's absolutely ridiculous to walk Lo Duca.

If I were a Cardinals fan I'd REALLY be upset.

I'd rather throw 10 straight fastballs and risk Lo Duca hitting a HR than pitching to Beltran with the bases loaded and risk him hitting a double and ending the game.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Wow I can't believe that was a Game 7. The fans were not into it at all; it seemed like a funeral for the National League more than a celebration. It reminded me of the South Park episode where both teams wanted to lose because they didn't want to play baseball anymore.

I hope the Tigers lose it like they did against the Royals. Go Cards!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Cardinals = worst World Series team since...?

Ever, no question about it. And this will be another sweep, so as of 2007, the 2003 Marlins will be the last NL team to win a World Series GAME!!! :lol:

NL=AAA

ALCS=World Series

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Congrats to the Cards but at most I see them winning one game, and I see CardsJimEdmonds15 lurking in this thread so I'm sure he'll have something to say.:lol: Congrats to you, but I just think the Tigers are the superior team. As for that Endy play, given the context of the game, easily one of the best plays ever. Like Tony said though, I honestly couldn't care less about these playoffs but I guess I will root for the Tigers because of the fact that I have 20 bucks on them to win it all.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
Congrats to the Cards but at most I see them winning one game, and I see CardsJimEdmonds15 lurking in this thread so I'm sure he'll have something to say.:lol: Congrats to you, but I just think the Tigers are the superior team. As for that Endy play, given the context of the game, easily one of the best plays ever. Like Tony said though, I honestly couldn't care less about these playoffs but I guess I will root for the Tigers because of the fact that I have 20 bucks on them to win it all.

Ah, the Tigers winning the World Series prediction makes sense now.

Rowand, please bet on the White Sox next year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
Ah, the Tigers winning the World Series prediction makes sense now.

Rowand, please bet on the White Sox next year.

Even if I wanted to bet on the Sox, I never could due to superstition/jinxing stuff. And yes, I really did believe the Tigers would win the World Series at the start of the playoffs, and obviously I still believe that now.

I'm just glad despite all the struggles our team is back in the World Series.. of course we dont stand a chance but I'll take that chance.. We didnt stand a chance of making the playoffs.. made em.. didnt stand a chance to beat the Padres.. beat em.. didnt stand a chance against the Mets.. beat em.. dont stand a chance against the Tigers? We'll see what happens..

Honestly I just want my team to show up in the WS this year and get a couple wins at that.. a WS title would be amazing though.. the chances of that happening arent great but who knows? That's why they play the games!

Edited by CardsJimEdmonds15

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
I'm just glad despite all the struggles our team is back in the World Series.. of course we dont stand a chance but I'll take that chance.. We didnt stand a chance of making the playoffs.. made em.. didnt stand a chance to beat the Padres.. beat em.. didnt stand a chance against the Mets.. beat em.. dont stand a chance against the Tigers? We'll see what happens..

Honestly I just want my team to show up in the WS this year and get a couple wins at that.. a WS title would be amazing though.. the chances of that happening arent great but who knows? That's why they play the games!

The only part of this I'd disagree with slightly is that the Padres were a toss-up at best.

They didn't exactly inspire huge confidence in anyone.

That said, I am VERY happy that the Redbirds made it to the Series, and I'm hoping for a 1990 Reds-type performance from them!

:headbang Cardinals!!!!