Mets/Cards Game 7

CWSGuy406

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
The only part of this I'd disagree with slightly is that the Padres were a toss-up at best.

They didn't exactly inspire huge confidence in anyone.

That said, I am VERY happy that the Redbirds made it to the Series, and I'm hoping for a 1990 Reds-type performance from them!

:headbang Cardinals!!!!

I thought the Cards had a better chance against the Mets than the Padres personally...I was saying back in June that the Mets would be in trouble in the playoffs if they didn't make a move for a starter, and voila, the Mets got outpitched.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
Anyone just see that play that Chavez just made?

In the context of the game and its settings, that's one of the greatest plays I've ever seen.

That was an amazing grab, but call me a homer cause I think Uribe's running catch into the stands paired with the throw he made on the final out combined to be what I dub the greatest player ever.

I also think Tommy Amorchor for the Brooklyn Dodgers with what was a world series saving catch. That said the grab wasn't quite as amazing as the one Chavez made, however Amorchor (and ya I botched the spelling) made a catch that finally got the Dodgers past the Yankees after years and years of falling to them in the series. I've also had my dad brainwash this into my mind (as he still remembers seeing it live on TV when he was a kid and well he's been a Dodger fan since there days in Brooklyn).

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 20, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)

I'm not sure where it ranks. I believe the Garry Mathews Jr catch was far better. But when it comes to homerun denying catches, this is probably top 5. How did he hang onto that ball????

I was watching when he did it, and I thought, Wow!

Now, I'm thinking WOW!!!!!1!!!!! It gets better every time I watch.

I don't know if it's media conditioning, but I still find it hard to comprehend how anyone can possibly top the Willie Mays catch. Ever. Ever since I was like 5, I've seen that catch on replays. I find it hard to believe I'll ever see any play that beats that, in terms of difficulty, importance, timing, and all of the other factors.

I keep looking at his glove.

Each fielder, other than the first baseman or catcher, may use or wear a leather glove. The measurements covering size of glove shall be made by measuring front side or ball receiving side of glove. The tool or measuring tape shall be placed to contact the surface or feature of item being measured and follow all contours in the process. The glove shall not measure more than 12 inches from the tip of any one of the four fingers, through the ball pocket to the bottom edge or heel of glove.

The glove looks to be as long as his forearm. Unless he's a midget, thats more than 12". Its a moot point now, but I'm surprised no one challenged it.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 07:09 AM)
I keep looking at his glove.

The glove looks to be as long as his forearm. Unless he's a midget, thats more than 12". Its a moot point now, but I'm surprised no one challenged it.

youre kidding right?

please tell me you're kidding.