If this is true.....

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
This country works with so many despicable characters, it's a whos who of potential dictators and other scum. The silence by the Grand Old Party tells me it's either untrue, or business as usual that both parties engage in. If this was a real story you can bet the GOP would be grabbing this story and trying to push Foley off the front pages.

Shall we also start talking about the political motivation to have the story break right before elections? If one is to buy into the Foley timing, isn't this just as suspect?

No, because the story "broke" two years ago.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1240644/posts

Some right wing hack blogger just dug it up again, as opposed to the left wing hack bloggers that hold onto the story until a month before a mid-term election.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
No, because the story "broke" two years ago.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1240644/posts

Some right wing hack blogger just dug it up again, as opposed to the left wing hack bloggers that hold onto the story until a month before a mid-term election.

Uh, Kap --

Not trying to quibble but we did have an election in 2004(not a mid-term) as well and this was posted on FR (Oct 10) less than a month before the Kerry/Bush election. So, the point you were going for is kinda moot.

Again, I harken back to my Warren Ellis-esque statement about the barbary apes regarding politicians.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 21, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Uh, Kap --

Not trying to quibble but we did have an election in 2004(not a mid-term) as well and this was posted on FR (Oct 10) less than a month before the Kerry/Bush election. So, the point you were going for is kinda moot.

Again, I harken back to my Warren Ellis-esque statement about the barbary apes regarding politicians.

So this is the traditional month before an election story.