Black Jack Thinks The Sox would have won in '94

Cali

Hey man, I'm a big fan of yours. Your White Sox would've won it all if there wasn't that strike in the early nineties. --Eric Gustafson

I think we would have won it all in '94 as well. Great offense, great defense and great young pitching. If you recall, Wilson Alvarez and Jason Bere both made the All-Star team while Alex Fernandez and I struggled in the first half. In August, Alex was something like 5-0 with a 2.00 ERA and I was 5-1 or 6-1 with a one-point-something ERA. We were primed

I cut up the question a little bit, but you can read the rest here.

They say a lot about that season. Gwynn was going to hit .400. McGwire was gonna get 62, Sox win the Series, etc.

We'll never know.

You forget that Thomas was 3 homeruns away from the triple crown...who knows how that would have played out

They say a lot about that season. Gwynn was going to hit .400. McGwire was gonna get 62, Sox win the Series, etc.

We'll never know.

You forget that Thomas was 3 homeruns away from the triple crown...who knows how that would have played out

Hey Rob, your sig thing expired. Just email me the picture if you still have it and I'll put it up on soxtalk's server so you don't have to worry about it expiring.

[email protected]