Dating Advice Needed

maggsmaggs

Okay, I took this girl out last Friday who I had been watching Bears games with this year and have hung out with her at times. Two of my friends thought she liked me, as did I. I asked out and she said yes and we had a good date (at least I think) friday night. So, now I am clueless as what to do. What's my next step in terms of dating? What clues should I be looking for to see if she does indeed like me and that her yes to the first date was not out of niceness (if you know what I mean)? I need help, i really like this girl.

You should have felt her out on the first date to see if she might wanna do it again sometime.And you would have been able to tell in the way that she responded to that if she was really diggin you.But now your gonna have to just put yourself out there and ask her out again,just dont be so damn needy chix hate that.YOU ARE THE MAN!YOU ARE TOTALLY HOT!AND YOU ARE TO GOOD FOR HER!EVEN THOUGH YOU LIKE HER ANYWAYS AND POSSIBLY WANT TO MARRY HER SOMEDAY!YOU ARE THE MAN!Just tell yourself that.

Dont worry about the whole dating move dating nonsense. If you like her, and enjoy her company, seek it out.Invite her out alone again, out with you and your buddys, what ever would be fun and comfortable for you. and let the i like you stuff happen naturally. If shes not into you she will make it as hard as possible for you to seek her out,and or she wont seek you out at all after a few more dates and you should get the hint pretty early and easily in the game. Make sure she knows that you mean romantic business so you dont get caught up in some twisted game of going out as friends. This can be done realativly easily by buying her some flowers. just put urself out there and go for it.

Edited by joemg311

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 04:35 AM)
Dont worry about the whole dating move dating nonsense. If you like her, and enjoy her company, seek it out.Invite her out alone again, out with you and your buddys, what ever would be fun and comfortable for you. and let the i like you stuff happen naturally. If shes not into you she will make it as hard as possible for you to seek her out,and or she wont seek you out at all after a few more dates and you should get the hint pretty early and easily in the game. Make sure she knows that you mean romantic business so you dont get caught up in some twisted game of going out as friends. This can be done realativly easily by buying her some flowers. just put urself out there and go for it.

I'd say that's a little too fast. Maybe a single rose could be seen as "cute" or a generous effort to put some charm on...but a whole bundle of flowers seems like a bit much to me. Most of the time one on one dates are enough for both people to see that it's a romantic situation. And if there are doubts, pay for her (in a friends situation, I rarely, if ever, pay for the girl) and she should get the message. If she's somewhat insistent on paying her own bill, you may have problems.

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 04:35 AM)

I'd say that's a little too fast. Maybe a single rose could be seen as "cute" or a generous effort to put some charm on...but a whole bundle of flowers seems like a bit much to me. Most of the time one on one dates are enough for both people to see that it's a romantic situation. And if there are doubts, pay for her (in a friends situation, I rarely, if ever, pay for the girl) and she should get the message. If she's somewhat insistent on paying her own bill, you may have problems.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
Ick.. no flowers.

Just call her. Movie and dinner (fast dinner like BWW or Applebee's). The conversation from dinner should clear up any questions or concerns you have.

^^^^

Definitely no flowers.

And I also think Steff's suggestion of a fast dinner is really good too, plus Applebee's usually has a game on, so that could ease any awkward.

Just be straightforward and honest, that way all expectations will be clear.

chicks always like it when you call them baby, babe, mama, woman...etc. Try using them in combination as well, for added effect.

I would recommend adding some padding "down there." I mean, girls stuff their bras to fake us out, why not return the favor? am I right? i totally am.

I would also recommend finding your top 3 favorite colognes....and then mix them together. I mean,

A) she's gonna know you're money cos you can afford 3 colognes rather than 1.

B ) You'll smell 3x as good as you would if you just use 1 cologne.

The final tip I would give you is try to flirt with other girls constantly through your date, because once again, she'll see all the girls checking you out and totally want to get with you. GUARANTEED TO SUCCEED.

I followed those simple rules and man.. and damn, that's how I landed my boo.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
Ick.. no flowers.

Just call her. Movie and dinner (fast dinner like BWW or Applebee's). The conversation from dinner should clear up any questions or concerns you have.

I was never a fan of the dinner and a movie thing...only because that's two-plus hours of sitting next to each other...not talking. If you aren't sure about her feelings, a movie may not be the best choice. Dinner is, of course, good, maybe a concert (not a loud one), or go play pool at a bar (if you can). Somewhere you can continue a conversation. Even take a walk or get some ice cream or coffee.

Good luck and be honest.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
^^^^

Definitely no flowers.

And I also think Steff's suggestion of a fast dinner is really good too, plus Applebee's usually has a game on, so that could ease any awkward.

Just be straightforward and honest, that way all expectations will be clear.

And if stuff goes good at dinner, make a bit of a move during the movie. I don't know how you want to take things, but obviously start with the lame arm around the shoulder (if she's not interested she'll let you know and its no biggie) and if it is she'll move closer to you and you'll now know that she likes you in "that" way and you can procede accordingly.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
I was never a fan of the dinner and a movie thing...only because that's two-plus hours of sitting next to each other...not talking. If you aren't sure about her feelings, a movie may not be the best choice. Dinner is, of course, good, maybe a concert (not a loud one), or go play pool at a bar (if you can). Somewhere you can continue a conversation. Even take a walk or get some ice cream or coffee.

Good luck and be honest.

I agree with the movie thing as well, your reason is one, but content of a movie is another. I guess you can go see a sappy date movie, but those are boring (and you don't want to set a precedent to seeing those movies if the relationship continues) and you don't want to see some movie filled with sex (could be an uncomfortable situation early on)

Much of what I ever learned about trying to hook up with chicks I learned from the movie Swingers. I highly suggest you pick it up and study it. If you follow the general principles of the movie, you'll be money any place you go. Every single line about girls in that movie is right... seriously.

To me, the fact that you're talking about this with us sends a giant red flag that you're nervous. Don't be... Girls want confidence... they're drawn to it. Be yourself and have fun. You probably won't marry this chick, but if she digs you, you'll probably nail her... and thats the most important thing you should be thinking about at 19 years of age. But no advice in the world is gonna do you any good unless you have confidence in yourself.

I sorta take pride in my playbook for hooking up with chicks... Much of it is derived from Swingers and also a book called "The Game: Undercover in the Secret world of Pick-up artists." But more importantly, its basically what I learned by trying and sometimes failing. Thats the fun of dating... losses are small. If you get rejected, so what? But wins are big; you go home with a beautiful chick, you feel like a million dollars.... Eventually, you keep doing this, you meet the right one and it all works out.

(as an aside, all this is much easier with the influence of alcohol... in the begining, it can lower the natural inhibitions to be afraid of aproaching chicks.)

Edited by AbeFroman