TB Prospect missing after boating accident

fattyguy78

I live in VA so I saw this on the news but I just saw it on Rotoworld as well:

Rays prospect Erik Walker is missing after a boating accident Saturday in Grayson County, Va., and a search continued Sunday.

Walker and another person were riding rapids on the New River Saturday near Martinsville, Va., and Walker fell in and went under. The 23-year-old Walker was a 20th-round pick out of the University of North Carolina-Charlotte this year. A reliever, he had a 0.48 ERA and a 53/6 K/BB ratio in 37 2/3 IP for short-season Single-A Hudson Valley.

Hope and pray for his safe recovery...

Erik Walker-R- Devil Rays Oct. 26 - 6:44 pm et

The body of Rays prospect Erik Walker was found Thursday, five days after a boating accident on the New River in Virginia.

Walker, 23, was drafted by Tampa Bay in 20th round this year after a fine career at UNC-Charlotte. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Walker family," Mitch Lukevics, Director of Minor League Operations for the Devil Rays, said in a statement. "We came to know Erik as young man who played baseball the same way he lived his life, full of enthusiasm, passion and joy. He was a good player, a good person and a great teammate. He was exactly the kind of individual we would want wearing our major league uniform."

R.I.P. :pray