Barack Obama in Phoenix last night

BHAMBARONS

Obama went to the Arizona Biltmore and to Tempe to promote his book and to help the Democratic candidates here in Arizona. Had good crowds and Obama really impressed me might be a good choice for the 2008 nomination he really energized the crowd at Tempe.

I don't understand the draw with Obama.

He's never been enthusiastic about anything. He doesn't seem to care about any particular issue. He just seems like a guy who agree's with everyone about everything.

To his credit there's nothing, yet, to dislike about him either. I dunno, I just haven't seen anything that he's done to really catch my eye or make me think he'll be any different.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
I don't understand the draw with Obama.

He's never been enthusiastic about anything. He doesn't seem to care about any particular issue. He just seems like a guy who agree's with everyone about everything.

To his credit there's nothing, yet, to dislike about him either. I dunno, I just haven't seen anything that he's done to really catch my eye or make me think he'll be any different.

IMO he's doing that because of a possible Presidential run and doesn't want to alienate any major portion of the voters. If I recall correctly it's hard for members of the Senate or the House to get the presidency since they have an established voting record that can be pulled out during the election...

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
it's accurate. they guy really hasn't done or said much to warrant all the amazingly positive publicity the MSM gives him.

It all stems from his speach at the DNC 2 years ago. He had a good speach and people labeled him as presidential.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
It all stems from his speach at the DNC 2 years ago. He had a good speach and people labeled him as presidential.

People who actually paid attention to him beforehand were labeling him as a presidential contender even before that speech. Remember...a young'in who basically had never won a statewide election and had no national service was picked to give the Keynote Address at the Dem Convention. That says something right there.