Mets looking to deal Milledge/Heilman?

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
My friend who is a diehard rangers fan is super excited about Hurley... he thinks that the kid will be the next best thing. Personally im more of a Danks fan myself and I dont care for Diamond that much at all.

I'll admit I was more of a Danks fan as well, because he's a tall lefty with pretty good stuff, and we don't have a lot of that at all, but reading up on Hurley he sounds like a damn good prospect, especially with the way he finished off the season in AA, and the fact he throws with pretty good velocity.

I would be happy to get a package involving either of them for Garcia.

Trade Vazquez to the Mets, Garcia to the Rangers, and sign a FA SP like Batista on an inflated 1 year deal with a option for a 2nd I say.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Newsday;

The Mets have spoken with the White Sox about their abundance of starting pitchers, but Chicago would want a pitcher - like Mike Pelfrey - and not Milledge, in return, a person familiar with the situation said.

Mets officials internally discussed the idea of offering Milledge and reliever Aaron Heilman to the Blue Jays for Vernon Wells, with the idea of moving the centerfielder Wells to rightfield and shifting Shawn Green to left. But Toronto would need more than that package if it were to move the All-Star Wells, who is a year away from free agency. Milledge would be a natural piece of a package to land Florida's Dontrelle Willis, if the Marlins became amenable to such talks.