Killer Coasters!!!!!!

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
Good for my TMBG fix!! :headbang :headbang

Anybody who doesn't appreciate the Sweet Gianty Greatness of that band is a sad waste of skin.

tmbg @ the trocodero winter 1996....one of the best shows I ever been to.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Good for my TMBG fix!! :headbang :headbang

Anybody who doesn't appreciate the Sweet Gianty Greatness of that band is a sad waste of skin.

Well, thy skin is wasted. Easily one of my most hated bands, along with The Pixies. But I am expecting some you would expected me to say this.

As for the video game, which is the real topic, this little bit has made me think I might actually buy a video game!!! LOL!!! That looks like fun! What is it for? Can you get it for the computer, or it for a system?

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
They Might Be Giants are rude assholes who couldn't find the time to say hello to the only station staff in Columbus who was playing their music in 1998 when they were doing an in-studio appearance.

We've been agreeing way too much today....but I'm with you. I saw them at Kutztown University in 99-00, and saw them backstage (because I was bored with the violent femmes) and they were rude as hell and left the show in their rented crown victorias.

Roller Coaster Tycoon is maybe my favorite game ever. If you are to buy it, get number two, not three or four. Awesome game. So much customization and I can't tell you how many hours I have spent killing helpless AI by building half roller coasters(Or starving them, or locking them in the park, etc...)

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
They Might Be Giants are rude assholes who couldn't find the time to say hello to the only station staff in Columbus who was playing their music in 1998 when they were doing an in-studio appearance.

I wouldn't want to have a conversation with 3/4 of the musicians I like. I think they are firmly in the FZ camp of rare musicians who are comfortable enough with their abilities and creativity to not take themselves too seriously and to not be afraid to go for the joke whan appropriate rather than going for the hit record.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
There's no better way to sour me on someone's talent and creativity than actually coming in contact with their crappy personality.

or crappy looks... although it is often nice to know that I'm just as or more attractive than someone that destroys my ability to make music. it's a little solace :)

but I find it weird to look at pictures of people who I only recognize by their voice and esteem highly. Colin Coherd was like that. I still like him, but he doesnt look like what I pictured.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
There's no better way to sour me on someone's talent and creativity than actually coming in contact with their crappy personality.

I guess that's why we haven't met in person?

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
You should know first and foremost that I suffer a lack of both. So what do you have to lose?

My youthful innocence in an evening of drinking as you relive your previous screen name . . . :D

Seriously, South Padre Island is a great Spring Break spot. You really should plan a trip.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
My youthful innocence in an evening of drinking as you relive your previous screen name . . . :D

Seriously, South Padre Island is a great Spring Break spot. You really should plan a trip.

SPI kicks much ass, as do many of the totally excellent beaches up and down the Texas gulf coast. I think everything from the Bolivar pennisula up past Galveston, all of the way down to Brownsville holds some of the best beaches I have ever seen.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
SPI kicks much ass, as do many of the totally excellent beaches up and down the Texas gulf coast. I think everything from the Bolivar pennisula up past Galveston, all of the way down to Brownsville holds some of the best beaches I have ever seen.

You are just saying that because it's about to snow on your ass. :D