Sirius Free For 2 Days

tonyho7476

*Warning: SPAM*

For those who are interested, Sirius satellite radio is free, via the internet, today and tomorrow. Below is some of the highlights, via an e-mail that was sent out. I'm personally going to tune in to hear Jenna on Afternoon Advice, on the Playboy Channel. Great show.

SIRIUS Internet Radio

- Including Howard Stern's 2 Channels -

Free for 2 Days Only.

People around the globe are listening online to more than 75 channels of SIRIUS’ premium content, including 100% commercial-free music, unique talk programming hosted by the top names in politics, culture and entertainment. And starting tomorrow you'll hear Howard Stern's two channels, featuring the Howard Stern show live at 6am and repeated throughout the day on Howard 100. Now you can hear what has made SIRIUS the fastest growing company in satellite radio.

Don’t miss a minute. Just use your email address to sign-in and listen for FREE!

HOWARD STERN SHOW SCHEDULE

Wednesday 10/25

Beginning at 6am ET hear special guests including The Who's Pete Townshend, Sharon Osbourne, and Danny Bonaduce.

Also premiering The Bitter Half, a radio drama about relationships, written and produced by Sam Simon, one of the original developers of The Simpsons.

Thursday 10/26

Beginning at 6am ET The show will feature The Gary Dell'Abate Roast, with Colin Quinn, Reverend Bob Levy, Lisa Lampanelli, Jackie "The Joke Man" Martling and a cast of others will all roast "Baba Booey."

HOWARD 101 SCHEDULE

(all times ET)

Wednesday 10/25

12am – 1am Riley Martin Show LIVE

1am – 9am Top 10 Moments of the Howard Stern Show All Request Weekend

9am – 2pm The Howard Stern Show WEST COAST FEED

2pm – 3pm The Wrap Up Show WEST COAST FEED

3pm – 7pm Bubba the Love Sponge LIVE with 3 Doors Down, Shawnee Smith (Saw III) and recently fired sports commentator Lamar Thomas

7pm – 8pm Jackie’s Joke Hunt LIVE

8pm – 12mid Scott Ferrall LIVE

Thursday 10/26

12am – 1am Riley Martin Show LIVE

1am – 9am Top 10 Moments of the Howard Stern Show All Request Weekend

9am – 2pm The Howard Stern Show WEST COAST FEED

2pm – 3pm The Wrap Up Show WEST COAST FEED

3pm – 7pm Bubba the Love Sponge LIVE with 3 Doors Down, Shawnee Smith (Saw III) and recently fired sports commentator Lamar Thomas

7pm – 8pm Superfan Round Table LIVE with former WWE Superstar Kurt Angle

8pm – 12mid Scott Ferrall LIVE

What's on Across Music, Talk, and Sports

Eminem to appear live in-studio

The Who exclusive interviews

Rolling Stones interviews

Steven Van Zandt hosts on Underground Garage

48-hour Bam-A-Thon featuring the best of Radio Bam

NASCAR Champion Tony Stewart interview

Bode Miller interview

Jenna Jameson live on Playboy Radio

The final concert at CBGBs

Jimmy Buffett live in concert

Grammy winner John Legend live in-studio performance

Maria Shriver hosts 2006 Women's Conference

PJ Walsh and Larry the Cable Guy live from Larry's House

Townsend and Daultry are friggin amazing.

Live Teenage Wasteland :headbang

ETA: Pete backed off the interview because he was afraid Howard would ask him about the pedo charges.

Daultry admits to "smoking" with Hendrix.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)

ETA: Pete backed off the interview because he was afraid Howard would ask him about the pedo charges.

That sucked. I think Pete could have just said he didn't want to be asked about that. Oh well...its also interesting when the guests get mad and storm out.

I'm honestly not trying to start anything, but I have to say that the lineup for those two days talked me out of even signing up for the free trial.

There's nothing there that I want to listen to, although I'd imagine that there's something on other channels I'd probably like.

I just don't listen to enough radio anymore to justify paying for it.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
I'm honestly not trying to start anything, but I have to say that the lineup for those two days talked me out of even signing up for the free trial.

There's nothing there that I want to listen to, although I'd imagine that there's something on other channels I'd probably like.

Either of the satellite services are pretty much geared to folks who spend a lot of time in their vehicles ( people like long haul truckers, people with decent sized commutes, people who take frequent road trips ). For a person like me who is always on the road somewhere satellite radio is a godsend cause there's only 3 kinds of local radio stations: sucks, sucks worse & OMG THAT SUCKS!!!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)

There are 73 other channels to choose from on the trial.

If anyone gets it, check out the Riley Martin Show on Howard 101... it's a crazy alien conspiracy guy, it is funny.

The Baba Booey Roast should be good too...

As for The Bitter Half.... well, IMO, not so great, in fact it was 1/2 hour of me listening to music on the other channels... (But basically any converstation on the show having to do with Beth gets shut off immediately, so with her featured in it, I really had no chance of liking it)

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
The BH had some funny moments. A Dana/Artie duet, Dice as a cop, and Gilbert played Mr X. IMO, you had to be familiar with some inside show stuff to get it. Did you listen to Riley last night, and if so how was he?

I'm a huge fan, I have been since his Channel 9 show out of NY was on in syndication here, but I still didn't get into it very much. The Gilbert as Mr. X was funny, but again, I preface my complaints with it that I hate when Beth is brought up or on the show, so it really had no chance with me.

No, I didn't catch Riley last night, I'm sure it was as funny as always. They really use him perfectly, don't overuse him, and then get him all ticked off and bring him on Howard's show.

Jackie's Joke Hunt has been funny too, but I've always been a fan of The Joke-Man (it's 2 words, just ask Ed McMahon)

I miss Fred dropping in the Jackie guffaws during Robin's news when she reports on a particularly sad story.

I guess I'm one of the few that prefers Jackie over Artie. Artie really turned me off as a fan after the whole "Dice didn't pay me! WAAAA!" BS.

Can't wait for the Baba Booey Roast and I'm going to see Sal and Richard this weekend :headbang

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 11:32 AM)
Can't wait for the Baba Booey Roast and I'm going to see Sal and Richard this weekend :headbang

Killa.. you guys are going Saturday, right? There's a gathering after the 10:30 show with Levy & Co.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)

You mean Baba O'Riley?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 10:23 AM)
Either of the satellite services are pretty much geared to folks who spend a lot of time in their vehicles ( people like long haul truckers, people with decent sized commutes, people who take frequent road trips ). For a person like me who is always on the road somewhere satellite radio is a godsend cause there's only 3 kinds of local radio stations: sucks, sucks worse & OMG THAT SUCKS!!!

I completely disagree...I have a relatively short commute and I listen most of the day, at work.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
As for The Bitter Half.... well, IMO, not so great, in fact it was 1/2 hour of me listening to music on the other channels... (But basically any converstation on the show having to do with Beth gets shut off immediately, so with her featured in it, I really had no chance of liking it)

I thought the bitter half was hilarious. Sam Simon did a phenomenal job. You realize how hard it is to write a radio sitcom? And they nailed it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 07:32 AM)
Bababooey roast is on now. Dan Patrick is there and is apparently a big fan of the show.

Artie roasting Jackie is great.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
I reserved for 8:00...are you going to the later one?

Yea, 10:30. I think you can change if you and MsTonyho can swing it...?

Can you VHS the roast for me tomorrow night?

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Yea, 10:30. I think you can change if you and MsTonyho can swing it...?

Can you VHS the roast for me tomorrow night?

I'll see if 10:30 is still available.

I'll tape the roast if its up by then...which it probably will be.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
I'll see if 10:30 is still available.

I'll tape the roast if its up by then...which it probably will be.

Awesome. Let me know if you change and Jim and I will save seats for you guys. we're going to be there early meeting folks from SFN

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
From SFN? Oh boy. Be careful.

LOL.. I know. There are some nuts there. Actually we're mainly meeting Levy. Been "friends" since him and gary, and jon were at Zanies years ago.