Honeymoon Idea Thread

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
Lets say you had $2500 (yeah steff, only $2500 :bang :P )

Where would you go? And what would you do?

So here's what I think:

1 Week in Cancun at a 4 Star Resort. Luxury Suite with Private Oversized Balcony overlooking the beach. Horse Back Riding for a couple hours on the beach one day. Tour of Chichen Itza another day. Lots of eating out for dinner. Overall a fun trip that is adventurous as well as a chance to get away.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
So here's what I think:

1 Week in Cancun at a 4 Star Resort. Luxury Suite with Private Oversized Balcony overlooking the beach. Horse Back Riding for a couple hours on the beach one day. Tour of Chichen Itza another day. Lots of eating out for dinner. Overall a fun trip that is adventurous as well as a chance to get away.

If you go to Cancun, go to Playa Del Carmen instead. Less of the spring break, obnoxious, get hammered, typical American tourist types.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)
If you go to Cancun, go to Playa Del Carmen instead. Less of the spring break, obnoxious, get hammered, typical American tourist types.

Agree. I hated Cancun. Whatever you decide, do lots of research. There are a ton of deals out there and as for what you have to spend... I absolutely positively HATE spending stupid amounts on hotel rooms. You sleep and shower there. I don't understand a grand for a hotel stay. A grand for a resort with everything included (food and drink) is another thing though. $2500 I think is more than enough to find something great. And it's about the time together not how many stars the hotel has.. :wub:

You should

1. Ask Mrs. PA where she wants to go.

2. Thank God she wants to go with you.

3. Make all the reservations,plans, etc.

4. Thank God she wants to go with you.

5. Show here the brochures.

6. Thank God she wants to go with you.

7. Thank her for all the wedding planing she is doing.

8. Thank God she wants to go with you.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
Lets say you had $2500

Las Vegas. One spin of the roulette wheel, all on "22" at 35:1.

Seriously, I agree with the others that it's less about how much you spend and more about the time together. We did ours weird, I guess, because I'd spent a lot of the previous couple of years working in the Bahamas with free room and board on a remote research island, so I didn't feel like shelling out $$ to stay in a less appealing Caribbean tourist trap. We were both dirt poor grad students. We got married on the Saturday of our spring break and then drove to New Orleans, which we both fell in love with.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 09:14 AM)
We're also thinking condo in Harbor Island, SC. Looks fun, cheap, and relaxing.

As a matter of a fact, ask for the honeymoon suite in this place. They are really well priced, you get a great view of both falls, are walking distance from the main strip, had excellent staff, and was a really quiet hotel.

http://www.niagarafallshotels.com/brock/

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 05:05 AM)
Agree. I hated Cancun. Whatever you decide, do lots of research. There are a ton of deals out there and as for what you have to spend... I absolutely positively HATE spending stupid amounts on hotel rooms. You sleep and shower there. I don't understand a grand for a hotel stay. A grand for a resort with everything included (food and drink) is another thing though. $2500 I think is more than enough to find something great. And it's about the time together not how many stars the hotel has.. :wub:

Um...i don't know what you did on your honeymoon, but Me and Mrs. Can spent A LOT of time in the room... ;)

Seriously, though, Steff is right...research is the name of the game. I went to Disneyworld the first time around...and had an absolute blast (looking back, I wish I woulda left the first Mrs. Can there in the Haunted Mansion).

I have friends who did the Sandals thing in St. Lucia and LOVED it. I don't know how much it cost, but everything is included except airfare and you can go to the other Sandals in St. Lucia and get the same deal. Good luck and congrats. When's the big day?

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
Um...i don't know what you did on your honeymoon, but Me and Mrs. Can spent A LOT of time in the room... ;)

Seriously, though, Steff is right...research is the name of the game. I went to Disneyworld the first time around...and had an absolute blast (looking back, I wish I woulda left the first Mrs. Can there in the Haunted Mansion).

I have friends who did the Sandals thing in St. Lucia and LOVED it. I don't know how much it cost, but everything is included except airfare and you can go to the other Sandals in St. Lucia and get the same deal. Good luck and congrats. When's the big day?

The big day is June 24, 2007.

Cancun will run 2000-2500

Any Sandals resort will cost 3000+

Disney is a possibility...but as you alluded to above...I don't know if we're going to really want to go somewhere we have to feel pressured in seeing the sights and sounds. I'm there to see miss PA's sights and sounds, and as Texsox subtley said....I'm going to thank God as often as I can that she's there with me...on her own accord :lol:

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
The big day is June 24, 2007.

Cancun will run 2000-2500

Any Sandals resort will cost 3000+

Disney is a possibility...but as you alluded to above...I don't know if we're going to really want to go somewhere we have to feel pressured in seeing the sights and sounds. I'm there to see miss PA's sights and sounds, and as Texsox subtley said....I'm going to thank God as often as I can that she's there with me...on her own accord :lol:

Call around and compare. No price is final until you decide it is. We've stayed at Disney several times and not not gone to Disney World. There's a ton to do around the Orlando/Kississimee area besides that tourist trap.

And, IMO, pass on the childish banter.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)

Not my fault you're not so adventurous. :P

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
PA: Send me a PM if you want to go on a cruise. Once you get an idea fleshed out, I'll cut you a sweetass deal.

I knew that didn't say "I'll cut your sweetass a deal"

just had to read it again :)

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
Lets say you had $2500 (yeah steff, only $2500 :bang :P )

I just got back from my honeymoon in Maui, but that is too pricey. However, while out there, I was told that Cancun and Jamaica are affordable because we were complaining we'd never be able to come back because of the expenses.

Just make sure it's tropical, and you will be very happy.

If you're short on cash but have a lot of time, I'd recommend somewhere along the north/northwest coast of South America. Sure it'll take you a while to get down there, but you'll be shocked to see how far your money goes down there. Plus, in most places their seasons are the opposite of ours. Jan. and Feb. are the hottest months.