Sheffield for Freddy?

santo=dorf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some questions to be asked from this;

Who's going to leadoff for you if you acquire Sheffield? Does that mean you have to sign a Pierre or Roberts to play CF. That means that there's no spot open for both Anderson and Sweeney, something which I'm not a fan of.

Will Sheffield behave without a new contract? Very doubtful. And considering how KW wants to acquire "clubhouse" guys, it's not a good fit.

Why trade Freddy for a power hitting OF, when you could get good young starting pitching (which is probably one of our main needs right now) in return for him?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
Some questions to be asked from this;

Who's going to leadoff for you if you acquire Sheffield? Does that mean you have to sign a Pierre or Roberts to play CF. That means that there's no spot open for both Anderson and Sweeney, something which I'm not a fan of.

Will Sheffield behave without a new contract? Very doubtful. And considering how KW wants to acquire "clubhouse" guys, it's not a good fit.

Why trade Freddy for a power hitting OF, when you could get good young starting pitching (which is probably one of our main needs right now) in return for him?

I refuse to believe this rumor. KW simply can't be this stupid.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
I believe this was a rumor started by Will Carroll and the New York press is on it, but Bruce Levine shot it down during the 9 o'clock hour on ESPN radio.

Would you trade Garcia for Sheff + cash and put Gary in LF?

It could be tempting, but I'd still want to know what we did about the leadoff situation. Plus I'd want some serious cash in return and an upper echelon prospect (the Yanks have a few of them now).

Lets me preface this by saying I'm a huge Sheffield fan. That said I'd still have serious concerns and I think there are better trades out there. And no way would I make this deal straight up.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
Rumor has it there is a Sheffield trade in place as we speak, and that it is an American league team...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6124630

That could also be the Angels, although I don't know if the Yanks/Angels would make great trade partners considering they may very well be playing each other in the playoffs next October. Than again so could the Sox/Yankees.

I should point something out. What if Crede is going to be moved and Sheffield is the bat that replaces Joe while the team than goes and makes other moves and uses Crede to get a leadoff hitter and loads of prospects.

I'm not saying I have any logic to this yet, but throwing out reasons why we could potentially make the deal.