Sheffield for Freddy?

santo=dorf

I wouldnt worry about this B.S. rumor .Kenny is not stupid enuff to do something like this .Forget about Sheffs charicter , the fact that hes 38 and Freddy is only 30 makes this a lopsided trade even if we get cash cons.. Besides Ozzie has already said that he needs more speed for this team anyway and I cant see Sheff stealing too many bases. This is a typical rumor started by typical N.Y. media .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
The Padres are pretty desperate for a power hitting corner OF. I think they'll end up with Iwamura (the Japanese 3Bman who was posted) and Sheffield.

Dave Roberts already knows he won't be returning to the Pads as well FWIW with either Giles or Barfield to lead-off.

I'd be shocked if the Pads got Sheffield back. He had a huge impact in his only year with the Pads and they still moved him onto the Marlins (albeit they got some quality in return) but there was a reason the Pads moved him and the org still has a lot of the same people around that were there than.

I still remember the days when Sheff was playing 3rd.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
I'd be shocked if the Pads got Sheffield back. He had a huge impact in his only year with the Pads and they still moved him onto the Marlins (albeit they got some quality in return) but there was a reason the Pads moved him and the org still has a lot of the same people around that were there than.

I remember when he was with the Brewers and actually stopped trying as a ploy to get them to trade him. Its a shame that kind of behavior actually gets some what they want.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)

Didn't he get traded the year the Padres sold off everyone?