Heroes Thread

sox4lifeinPA

I didn't see another thread for this...well, i didn't search either...so.

I'm really into the show so far (2 episodes...watching the other 3 today).

My only editorialization is that I think the creators of this show missed something that anyone who has spent a week in Texas knows about West Texas....

A) the people of Odessa, TX suddenly became really attractive (it's cow and oil country folks)

b ) the dad of the cheerleader seems to "get around" in the traveling sense way too well for living in the middle of literally nowhere.

ok, back to the show.

ok....a few more things:

1) I hate the indian guy's accent. It sounds completely forced.

2) The show is called "Heroes"...and you can't have heroes with out villians

3) aside from the Dad of the cheerleader who clearly is villian #1

4) The girl he meets in the apartment complex is going to be villian #2 (I think...she's way to suspicious)

This has been a good show from the beginning.....my constant babbling about the show here at work has even forced EvilMonkey to start watching the show.

My only thing is how many cheerleader outfits does Claire actually have????? She ruins one or two each week.

Hiro rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
How did Claire ever make the cheer team being as clumsy as she is?

Once again...this is odessa, Tx.... See Friday Night Lights if you need some frame of reference.

1) She's hot

2) There's nothing else for her to do in Odessa, Tx.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Quick question, where can I go to get the original episodes or would it be okay if I started watching from this point forward (I assume this is one of those shows where you need to see the episodes though).

You probably could follow along from this point and you haven't missed TOO much. If you get it, Sci-Fi channel has been showing Heroes here and there. i think last weekend they showed them all in a row. I'm sure as the show continues to grow, they will do it again.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Quick question, where can I go to get the original episodes or would it be okay if I started watching from this point forward (I assume this is one of those shows where you need to see the episodes though).

If you're business class like me, you do itunes... 1.99 an episode. I think it's worth it because I don't have cable. so what's 10 bucks a month for a great show?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 2, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)

NBC.com has archived their shows this year on their website. I missed two Friday Night Lights and got caught up that way. They have all the episodes of Heroes on there as well.

QUOTE(juddling @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Another good episode last night......setting up a few good ones to come. Nice to see a few of the Heroes sart to cross paths and Micah realize what he can do.

I was totally expecting Micah to have some sort of powers. That didn't suprise me at all.

I really didn't think last night's show was all that great. They really didn't advance many of the storylines all that much at all. Now they introduce a guy that can burn things by touching them?

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
I was totally expecting Micah to have some sort of powers. That didn't suprise me at all.

I really didn't think last night's show was all that great. They really didn't advance many of the storylines all that much at all. Now they introduce a guy that can burn things by touching them?

Yes...but i think THAT guy will tie in heavily to the stories. Remember when the police had their guns pointed at him?? He said..."You don't want to shoot me...i could go off like a bomb!"

Just thinking, but what if he is the bomb that goes off and destroys NY???? He could go off like a nuke considering he's giving off radiation. Just a thought. Another note was that even over the phone Micah knew he wasn't talking to his mom (so to speak) pretty insightful kid

Edited by juddling

QUOTE(juddling @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)
Yes...but i think THAT guy will tie in heavily to the stories. Remember when the police had their guns pointed at him?? He said..."You don't want to shoot me...i could go off like a bomb!"

like The Human Bomb, for all you DC fans out there.....

• 2 weeks later...

Friday, November 17, 2006

George Takei to star on "Heroes"

"TV Guide" will report next week that the "Star Trek" veteran will portray Hiro Nakamura's father on "Heroes" starting in January.

It's a delightful turn of events. Hiro (portrayed by Masi Oka) is obsessed with "Star Trek," always quoting lines from the series.

Now Takei will actually show up, not as Sulu but as a bigshot with a bodyguard. He'll turn up in the U.S. intent on kidnapping Hiro and returning him to Japan.

Good luck Mr. Sulu.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
best episode of the season, imo.

Definitely. Next week's episode looks like it will be even better.

So is the nuclear explosion (or the prevention of it) going to happen at the end of the season or will they use that as a cliff-hanger to season 2?

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Definitely. Next week's episode looks like it will be even better.

So is the nuclear explosion (or the prevention of it) going to happen at the end of the season or will they use that as a cliff-hanger to season 2?

it's hard to say. Even though they're messing with the future, i.e. seeing the paintings and trying to change what happens in them, the pictures still come true. It'll be interesting to see how Peter gets out of police custody. I think the cop who can hear things will be making his way towards texas. Hiro's story should be good too.

All in all, I think there aren't a lot of likeable characters on this show, but I'll still watch it just to see what happens.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 22, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
It'll be interesting to see how Peter gets out of police custody. I think the cop who can hear things will be making his way towards texas.

Claire could testify for him, but Claire could be convicted as an accomplice if they wish to go that route. I have a feeling Claire's dad will end up not letting Claire help Peter, possibly even taking Peter in for his own gains.

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
Linderman/his brother will get him out, but it will make the papers probably.

they'll probably be calling in the cops from LA and they'll figure out that someone stopped Sklyer from killing her...even though she did die. The mind reading cop will figure out that peter didn't do it and peter will be able to read the cops mind too.

Peter's gift is a great one because although he is limited, he really freaks the other heroes out by imitating their power, like claire.