Thursday afternoon Game Thread

cwsox

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, we split with a really good team. How cool is that? Most everyone would have taken a 2-2 split with the Red Sox a few days ago.

Let's win big over the weekend

I just set a world record for attitude turn around.

I think Jose is a good bunter, but I also think the others I mentioned are good too.

Rowand was excellent when he came up in 2001, but since then he's been a medicore bunter.

Alomar sucks, small sample size alone disqualifies him.

Olivo has a POTENTIAL to be a very good bunter but he blew more than 1 bunt which automatically means he is not as good as Jose, that should be obvious. Potential means squat when we keep on losing games like this one. May Harris and Jimenez be damned, 3 blown bunts in one game are embarassing.

bottomline: since 2000, there hasn't been a better bunter/small ball player on this team than Jose, Durham couldn't bunt and neither could singleton. Game logs bear this out and as does empirical evidence and in some instances stats.

Rowand was excellent when he came up in 2001, but since then he's been a medicore bunter.

Alomar sucks, sample size alone disqualifies him. 

Olivo has a POTENTIAL to be a very good bunter but he blew more than 1 bunt which automatically means he is not as good as Jose, that should be obvious.  Potential means squat when we keep on losing games like this one.  May Harris and Jimenez be damned, 3 blown bunts are embarassing.

Since 2000, there hasn't been a better bunter/small ball players on this team than Jose.  Game logs bear this out and as does empirical evidence and in some instances stats.

I would agree with you that Jose is our best small ball player. I think Singleton was awesome too.

Rowand hasn't got many opportunities, but I know last year he was good and this year he hasn't gotten many opportunities.

C Lee hit in 3 GIDP!!! He has the same illness that PK has

Let me tell you it's not a mysterious "illness" or luck at all. It's called, again:

1. Bad pitch recogniziton

2. Poor mechanics mid-swing

3. Long greedy swings

When you combine all three and you have a runne rat 1st, you set yourself up for an almost guaranteed GIDP when going against sinkerballers and pitchers who with high pitching IQ who know who is susceptable to what and when.

When me and baggio were talking about how Lee's (and Koney's) lack of adjustements, slef-discipline and his greedy swing with bases loaded would come back to hunt him in the long run, it's exactly what I was talking about. He got bamboozeled and played right into BoSox hands today, they were laughing at him. As a result a HUGE (should I say "another huge"?) game was lost.

I am anticipating a Wrigglevile Slaughter this weekend.

Let me tell you it's not a mysterious "illness" or luck at all.  It's called, again:

1.  Bad pitch recogniziton

2.  Poor mechanics mid-swing

3.  Long greedy swings

When you combine all three and you have a runne rat 1st, you set yourself up for an almost guaranteed GIDP when going against sinkerballers and pitchers who with high pitching IQ who know who is susceptable to what and when.

When me and baggio were talking about how Lee's (and Koney's) lack of adjustements, slef-discipline and his greedy swing with bases loaded would come back to hunt him in the long run, it's exactly what I was talking about.  He got bamboozeled and played right into BoSox hands today, they were laughing at him.  As a result a HUGE (should I say "another huge"?) game was lost.

Brando, you are the man! You have all the answers!! Like i said before, you should be our hitting coach!!! ;)

Well we know one thing, the Cubs are going to shut down our offense.  Then again the Sox usually show some life against the Cubs.  I can only hope the series wakes them up for good.

IMHO Frank's the key this weekend. He had a miserable game today. I'm glad I have caller id if this wekend turns into a disaster. I won't be answering anything long distance ;)

What is the record for GIDP as a team in a season???

That's a stat that I hope we don't have to worry about. But I am curious too. C Lee with 3 GIDP's! I watched this thing on WGN and couldn't believe how inept we looked at the plate. Konerko comes up to bat in the 10th and tries to bunt not once, but twice, and looked worse than a little leaguer. Now Billy Koch is a different story, but gets the same failing mark. Here is our so called stud closer throwing a bunch of rinky dink curve balls and missing. I don't think more than 2 or 3 pitches hit 90-91 MPH. He almost blew the game last night and does today. I have read the rumor reports of trades and how teams are asking about Gordon. Well, maybe we ought to be offering Koch to these teams? Listening to Hawk and DJ saying over and over again how the Sox fail to produce when needed over and over again just makes you want to scream, "put these guys out of their misery." We failed to take advantage of the Twinkies losing three in a row and end up gaining one game.

OK! Now with all that out of my system maybe we can sweep the Cubbies.

Well we know one thing, the Cubs are going to shut down our offense.  Then again the Sox usually show some life against the Cubs.  I can only hope the series wakes them up for good.

JAs, IMO, i think that our pitchers will shut their offense too. It will gonna be close games.

Let me tell you it's not a mysterious "illness" or luck at all.  It's called, again:

1.  Bad pitch recogniziton

2.  Poor mechanics mid-swing

3.  Long greedy swings

When me and baggio were talking about how Lee's (and Koney's) lack of adjustements, slef-discipline and his greedy swing with bases loaded would come back to hunt him in the long run, it's exactly what I was talking about.  He got bamboozeled and played right into BoSox hands today, they were laughing at him.  As a result a HUGE (should I say "another huge"?) game was lost.

Brando, you are the man! You have all the answers!! Like i said before, you should be our hitting coach!!! ;)

Rafa, it's not my fault you prefer the "someone put some voodoo doo-doo on Kong and El Caballo" type explanations to account for GIDPs.

;)