Thursday afternoon Game Thread

cwsox

Crede k's.       

Ramirez is leading off.  :ph34r:                            I wonder if Flash will still be in.

Should be. He only threw 5 pitches in the 8th, and other than Koch we don't have any other reliever that we can trust in a late-inning pressure situation.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How many time is CLee just going to foul off hittable pitches. TWICE. Groundout to SS.

It's called:

1. Not picking up the pitch (location, velocity and rotation) early.

2. No having great mechanics to adjust mid-swing even after recognizing it late.

3. Being greedy and overswinging, which combined with 1-2 lowers the likelyhood of a fat part of the bat striking the ball just in front of the plate to about 10-15%

To be fair, all Sox hitters have been guilty of that ALL SEASON LONG, including Frank. When you don't hammer mistakes, you're f***ed.

WTF is he doing?

Manuel is a complete reject.

Jerry comes out and sticks up for his team, and you call him a reject.

If he doesn't come out, he's a gutless pussy.

He can't win I guess.

I would have preferred JM coming out and arguing the second HR taken away from us by this umpiring crew this season last Tuesday..... but that's just me.

Or when Big Frank was tossed for arguing a ball called a strike that was a foot inside during the same game :huh: .

He's still got great stuff.

A 95+ fastball and a killer curve.  Nice pick-up by KW.

There is a reason Flash is going to be one of the most sought after relievers during the trade deadline.

A Good reliever can command quite a bit at the deadline.

Good f***ing lord -- Boston only has 1 hit

1. It's a single, too. :D

2. Boston has the ability/killer instinct to string 5-6 hits together, so if don't put them away right now, I could easily see us being blown out 10-3-style in extra innings.

What the hell is wrong with Rios.  Did he get hurt?  There is no excuse for that lazy ass hustle.  That should be a double.

Olivo pinch runs for him and if Rios isn't hurt I'd hope to hell that someone starts kicking his ass in, in the dugout.

Is Rios running in molasses???????

WTF?!?!?!

He is worse than Borchard in that respect....to be fair, he had NO chance of making it to second.

If he had run hard out of the box, he would have made it easily.

Nice bunt, Willie.