Mono

redandwhite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
Not as drowsy as I did yesterday. Now it's almost solely the sore throat, although it's the kind of sore throat where it's tough to swallow, I'm spitting up green flem, and when I cough my head starts to ache.

I'll probably go tommorow, just to make sure.

I was born to watch IU beat Michigan on saturday.. I have to be healthy for saturday.. ha

Not to scare you, because there isn't much you can do about it, but there are a couple people in here in Austin that caught some sort of virus that sounds very similar to what you have. The only difference is one of them has been coughing for about 4 weeks now and the other has been fatigued and coughing for about 5 weeks.

It's not mono, but the one that has been sick for 5 weeks went to the doctor and he said, it's a virus and he just has to wait it out. It sucks and I hope you feel better.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
Does anyone know if because my fever, headache, and overall soreness is gone, that it might be just a bad sore throat or something? That's really the only symptom I'm having, although it's bad enough to the point where It's tough to swallow or eat anything outside of apple sauce and water.

SOunds like a text book case of strep to me.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
SOunds like a text book case of strep to me.

That's what I think, easily treated with an antibiotic.

I'd say go to the doctor, especially now that you say you're coughing up green stuff.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
That's what I think, easily treated with an antibiotic.

I'd say go to the doctor, especially now that you say you're coughing up green stuff.

Easily treated, but sucks for the many folks he likely infected if that's what it is.

It does remind of strep, as some of the symptoms went away, I figured and hoped that it was strep rather than mono.

How does Strep spread? It's not like I'm breathing or sucking on somebody. For the most part I've been in my bed.. I hope I haven't spread it to anybody.

As for going to the doctor, I'm going to wait one more day. It says that if the sore throat lasts for two days, then I should go to the doctor. If it's still super sore tommorow, that will be the first thing on my agenda. As for tonight, OTC medicine and rest.. the Bulls game as well..

Thanks guys!

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
It does remind of strep, as some of the symptoms went away, I figured and hoped that it was strep rather than mono.

How does Strep spread? It's not like I'm breathing or sucking on somebody. For the most part I've been in my bed.. I hope I haven't spread it to anybody.

As for going to the doctor, I'm going to wait one more day. It says that if the sore throat lasts for two days, then I should go to the doctor. If it's still super sore tommorow, that will be the first thing on my agenda. As for tonight, OTC medicine and rest.. the Bulls game as well..

Thanks guys!

I would go to the doctor, strep sucks, and it lingers if you do not treat it. 3-5 pills of z-pack or other type anti and you should feel great in 24 hours.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)

Thanks guys!

If you've been within 10 feet of someone, you've given it to them. Strep sucks, spreads easy, and is hard to get rid of the longer it lingers.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Nov 6, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
Anyone.. Bueller..

I'm not Ferris Bueller, but I am Abe Froman....

I've had mono. Towards the beginning, I slept for like 24 hours straight. That was among the greatest days of my life. For the next month, basically I played video games and kept to myself. I got sick on my first day home for x-mas break from college... So I really didn't miss any class or anything.