First To Announce After the MidTerms

Texsox

After the Midterms  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first to announce a Presidential Run?

• John McCain
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Barack Obama
    • Bill Frist
    • John Edwards
    • Condi Rice
    • Michael Gresham
    • Other

McCain would be very difficult to beat in the general, but easier in the GOP primary. I would be very excited about a McCain - (Conservative Dem) Independent bid. I'd be door to door for that one.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
McCain would be very difficult to beat in the general, but easier in the GOP primary. I would be very excited about a McCain - (Conservative Dem) Independent bid. I'd be door to door for that one.

people always talk about that but believe me it will NEVER happen...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
people always talk about that but believe me it will NEVER happen...

McCain is still a republican. Yes he's a more moderate republican but the guy will not leave the party. Thats like saying Lieberman will team up and vote republican when the republicans need him.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)
McCain is still a republican. Yes he's a more moderate republican but the guy will not leave the party. Thats like saying Lieberman will team up and vote republican when the republicans need him.

The 2nd option is a hell of a lot more likely than the first, at least based on the last few years.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 09:02 AM)
The 2nd option is a hell of a lot more likely than the first, at least based on the last few years.

Your right and I wouldn't be shocked to see him help the repub's from time to time. Although he will not change to being a republican. He gave his state his word that he wouldn't and Joe isn't going to go back on his word.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
Your right and I wouldn't be shocked to see him help the repub's from time to time. Although he will not change to being a republican. He gave his state his word that he wouldn't and Joe isn't going to go back on his word.

Now that's hilarity. Joe has a long history of doing whatever Joe thinks will benefit Joe the most.

ding ding ding we have a winner.

McCain

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 7, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
I am thinking in McCain's case, he could block some candidates from running if they know he's in the race. Often times a candidate has one shot and I think his decision will trigger a couple others. Bottom line, McCain announces to block.

*cough*