Indians acquire Barfield

thedoctor

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
Nice .318 OBP

Yeah, well, he's a rookie playing in a bad hitting park. He's also playing second-base; there aren't a lot of great hitting secondbasemen. The positional average is lower than, say, RF or 3B.

He put up a 94 OPS+ this past season. But Kouzmanoff is a pretty good prospect, and this trade means Cleveland has total belief in Andy Marte's developement. Marte's past 500+ ABs have not been very pretty...

I'd say a pretty decent trade for both teams.

Barfield's a guy I think would be PERFECT for the lower half of the order for us, if we didn't have Tadahito Iguchi.

He's the type of speedy player that Ozzie likes.

That OBP should rise, and he'll be under the Indians control for the next 5 seasons. Excellent trade by Shapiro.

QUOTE(shipps @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 04:57 AM)
This guy is going to be a pain in our a**es for a few years.I dont like this one bit.

Agreed, take him away from petco, in the tribes line up and a year under his belt, hes definatly going to be a pain, him and garko.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
And Choo, and Hafner, and Martinez, and Sizemore...eek.

Exactly!!! The AL central is going to be tough next year. I don't think the wild card will come from our division becasue thre will be 4 teams in great competition.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
And Choo, and Hafner, and Martinez, and Sizemore...eek.

Agreed, i wouldn't be supprised if they moved Luna and Blake. Also they've got Trevor Crowe('05 1st round pick 14th overall) on the up and coming hes destroying the AFL(.333/.443/.417, 15BB/9SO 3/3SB all in 19Gs/72ABs) I think hes going to get a very long look in ST, he might even win the bid for opening day LF.

QUOTE(beautox @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
Agreed, i wouldn't be supprised if they moved Luna and Blake. Also they've got Trevor Crowe('05 1st round pick 14th overall) on the up and coming hes destroying the AFL(.333/.443/.417, 15BB/9SO 3/3SB all in 19Gs/72ABs) I think hes going to get a very long look in ST, he might even win the bid for opening day LF.

.234/.318/.325/.643 in 174 PAs in AA

not happening

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
.234/.318/.325/.643 in 174 PAs in AA

not happening

half of those ABs were when the tribe we're trying to convert him back to a 2B, and he has gone on record as saying "he lost focus, and would take his defense to the plate"

QUOTE(beautox @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
half of those ABs were when the tribe we're trying to convert him back to a 2B, and he has gone on record as saying "he lost focus, and would take his defense to the plate"

With the money the Tribe saved from acquiring Barfield, I'd think they'd put that money into trying and signing a corner OF or a closer for the pen.

So I think Crowe will get another season in the minors regardless of what happens.