USA TODAY BASEBALL WEEKLY TRADE SUGGESTION

winninguglyin83

current issue lists five suggested trades.

First on the list is Freddy, Crede and Broadway for ARod.

Suggests the guy the Yankees really want is BMac, but the sox think he can be a top of the rotation starter.

A Rod wasn't that much better than Crede last season.

No way he's worth two pitchers, plus Joe.

here is the link:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/bbw/2006-11...ed-trades_x.htm

Edited by winninguglyin83

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)

Suggests the guy the Yankees really want is BMac, but the sox think he can be a top of the rotation starter.

here is the link:

Not true. Look it up.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)

here is the link:

dude AROD had some great numbers. dont believe new york/ ESPN.

almost anyone else would kill for the numbers he had

I would do that deal if we give them a lesser prospect than Broadway. Maybe a Cunningham, but someone else. I would have no problem giving Crede and Garcia. This allows you to explore trades for Juanny and possibly move A-Rod back to SS. Just imagine if we could do this trade, plus a Uribe, Sweeney and Broadway for Michael Young. What an infield!

If a lot of cash is coming the Sox way I'd probably make that deal. Arod gives you some serious star power to help continue the the Sox growth in popularity.

I think there may be a few moves that could be made that would be better for the team, but that may not be better for helping the team continue to build market share.

QUOTE(Drew @ Nov 8, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
Of course USA Today makes that trade. They're Yankee fans, and they get a lot better than we do because of this trade.

EXACTLY!

also, don't overlook the clutch factor. I'd rather have Joe Crede at the plate needing a big hit than ARod any day of the week.

NO WAY that this trade happens .A-rod is a hell of a player but as everyone else has said not worth those three players .No amount of K/Y could ease the pain on a trade like that .

Dont see the Sox giving up Lance either seeing as how (at least for now) we have 3 potential free-agent starting pitchers after 07 .I saw the scouting video on Lance when he was drafted and his stuff is very similar to Bmac .

If A-Rod would cost the Sox less than $10mil a year, I would do this trade in a second.

Of the 3 players Crede is the hardest to give up, but I also do not think he will be part of the Sox in the long term, so trading him now while his value is high may be for the best. Crede has started to turn it around, but there is always a chance for regression.

Garcia, I like him, but at the same time he wasnt the same player last year and the Sox seem to want to move 1 starter, and of those I would want Count or Garcia gone.

Broadway, sure hes a quality spect, but so were Gio, etc. Hes not B-Mac and he wouldnt be on the MLB roster this year, and even next year would be a stretch.

A-Rod on the other hand is a HOF type player.

I agree that if the Yankees threw in a bunch of dough, I would do the deal. Honestly, I think Crede is a rental right now... as soon as he can get the big dough, he'll be gone. Freddie is overpaid and his loss of velocity leads me to believe that he's on the rapid decline to the basement of his career. Broadway is a great player, but I'm not sure he's the major league star in the making. I think he's probably a career third starter...

So, does the deal make sense? A hall of famer, who was a gold glove short stop two seasons back for a pitcher who makes 10 mil and lost 6-8 mph on his fastball last year, a third base all-star that's destined to leave anyway, and a future #3 starter?

I'd take the deal... even if we didn't have Fields to bring up...

One question though...where does arod bat in the lineup? I guess third?

1) pods/roberts/pierre/whoever

2) Iguchi

3) Arod

4) Konerko

5) Thome

6) Dye

7) AJ

8) Anderson

9) Fields

Bench - Cintron, Uribe, Mack,

Thats pretty sick (well, maybe not 8-9)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Pitching, pitching, pitching!

Thank you... there is absolutely no reason to trade for A-Rod. I just can't understand why people don't look beyond A-Rod's stats and see him for what he is - a losing player. Seattle had the best record in the AL the year after he left. Texas became a contender the year after he left. The Yankees have choked in the playoffs every year since he got there (and they were in the World Series the year BEFORE he got there so it's not like he took them to the playoffs to begin with).

There are lots of great talents who are just not winning players. A-Rod is one of them. And he is such an unbelievably great talent that you would have to give up a ton (in players and money) just to get him - especially pitching, which the Yankees need and which we absolutely should not give up. Like Jordan4life said, we won the WS in '05 because of pitching, pitching, pitching. Is A-Rod a Hall-of-Famer? Absolutely. Is he worth what we'd have to give up? Absolutely not.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
Thank you... there is absolutely no reason to trade for A-Rod. I just can't understand why people don't look beyond A-Rod's stats and see him for what he is - a losing player. Seattle had the best record in the AL the year after he left. Texas became a contender the year after he left. The Yankees have choked in the playoffs every year since he got there (and they were in the World Series the year BEFORE he got there so it's not like he took them to the playoffs to begin with).

There are lots of great talents who are just not winning players. A-Rod is one of them. And he is such an unbelievably great talent that you would have to give up a ton (in players and money) just to get him - especially pitching, which the Yankees need and which we absolutely should not give up. Like Jordan4life said, we won the WS in '05 because of pitching, pitching, pitching. Is A-Rod a Hall-of-Famer? Absolutely. Is he worth what we'd have to give up? Absolutely not.

ARod could well be a winning player if he was ever teamed with a team with great pitching. Brian Cashman seems to be moving the Yankees in that direction, which scares the hell out of me.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
Note to ARod Fan Club: Please note which AL third baseman won the silver bat.

It wasn't number 13 in pin stripesl.

it was number 24 in Chicago.

Keep Joe.

ARod had more homers, more RBI, more SB, a higher BA a higher OBP and a higher slugging pct. than Crede in a great year for Crede and a down year for ARod. If the numbers were reversed and ARod got a Silver Slugger award this board would be full of posts about what a joke the Silver Slugger Award is. Don't get me wrong, Crede had a great year and is better defensively than ARod. But offensively it isn't a contest. Also keep in mind ARod plays half his games in a graveyard for right handed power hitters. With Crede's back and contract issues, trading him makes some sense. I just don't think Fields is the guy you want playing 3rd base in 2007 when you are trying to win a championship.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
ARod had more homers, more RBI, more SB, a higher BA a higher OBP and a higher slugging pct. than Crede in a great year for Crede and a down year for ARod. If the numbers were reversed and ARod got a Silver Slugger award this board would be full of posts about what a joke the Silver Slugger Award is. Don't get me wrong, Crede had a great year and is better defensively than ARod. But offensively it isn't a contest. Also keep in mind ARod plays half his games in a graveyard for right handed power hitters. With Crede's back and contract issues, trading him makes some sense. I just don't think Fields is the guy you want playing 3rd base in 2007 when you are trying to win a championship.

I understand what your saying and with Crede's back issue its def. a concern but I have to agree with Jordan on this .Theres nothing wrong with trying to make the offense better but there are more important issues they need to deal with first like bullpen help and a lead-off hitter .Im guessing that KW will take care of those issues first before trading for someone like Arod if in fact he really is interested in Arod in the first place .

Hopefully this will end the silly talk that ARod could be had for a package of Garcia, Broadway and another prospect. The Yankees aren't going to just give away one of the best players in baseball. I hate it when fans of a team think they can get a superstar for a pile of mediocre garbage. Frankly, now that they have dealt Sheffield, they probably aren't going to deal ARod at all.