DBacks new unis...

Wanne

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 07:58 AM)
I liked the old ones better just for the fact that they were different. I agree that they are a rip of of Washingtons jersies.

I'll 3rd the Nats ripoff motion. Before reading down, that was the first thought that popped into my head

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 06:37 AM)
I don't like those uniforms one bit.

Those look too much like Nationals uniforms, and both the phrase "D-backs" and the font they use are bad.

Given the choice of those or last year's, I'd take last year's in a heartbeat.

Took the words right out of my mouth. These are pretty bad.

Like I said...having Eric Byrnes as your model does absolutely nothing for them. But the read unis are sharp. A HELL OF A LOT better than that friggin purple. Couldn't find any pictures of the road greys. The white ones are the worst of the bunch. Should have gone sleeveless for the whites.

4367_71791.jpg

4367_71794.jpg

4367_71796.jpg

4367_71795.jpg

And last but not least...Chris Young donning the new uni....

4367_71798.jpg

QUOTE(Wanne @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
Like I said...having Eric Byrnes as your model does absolutely nothing for them. But the read unis are sharp. A HELL OF A LOT better than that friggin purple. Couldn't find any pictures of the road greys. The white ones are the worst of the bunch. Should have gone sleeveless for the whites.

4367_71791.jpg

4367_71794.jpg

4367_71796.jpg

4367_71795.jpg

And last but not least...Chris Young donning the new uni....

4367_71798.jpg

I do like the black jersey with the A.

Keep the rest of them, though - like I read somewhere, it's like the Astros uniforms and Nationals uniforms had a baby.

The old uniforms were horrible,this jersey i would buy.Its kind of hard to be diffrent without having an ugly uniform when there is 30 teams.I mean how many color combinations could you have that are diffrent from each other yet still look good?

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
But it should be more orange or brown, for the southwest.

Yuck...Padres of old. Most people you'll find in the southwest really don't like what people think are "southwestern" colors.

These look like a Houston retread.

But the thing is that with that beautiful script, Houston is some road uni piping and a revert to the H-Star logo of the 70s and 80s instead of that weird cattle-brand thing away and classic block numerals away from being something really nice.

Arizona still struggles with the logo identity crisis, using the A sometimes, the coiled-snake D, and hardly any use of what would look far better on a cap--the db sleeve logo.

First of all, the coiled-snake D looks very minor-league. The DB sleeve logo is the strongest of the bunch, and the A looks like it should be a low-budget airline.

Second, while the type is more authoritatively serpentine than the previous version which was a simple tweaking and serif-trimming of Friz Quadrata (shudder), D-Backs in print reminds me of what one of my former coworkers used to call people she didn't like--"D-Bag". I suppose if Bonds or Sheffield were wearing one, it'd fit a little better.

Third, I'd hate the home unis a lot less if they had piping. Home whites look naked without piping or pinstriping and no number beneath the name.

All in all, another uniform redo that would look better in the minors.