Vilsack to run for President

Heads22

wow vilsak's a moron... i mean yeah he was my governor but... he seriously thinks he'll beat edwards/obama/clinton?

the only thing this will do will make it much harder for one of those 3 above to take iowa in the primaries... f***in s*** up...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
wow vilsak's a moron... i mean yeah he was my governor but... he seriously thinks he'll beat edwards/obama/clinton?

the only thing this will do will make it much harder for one of those 3 above to take iowa in the primaries... f***in s*** up...

He is a successful governor, in the straw poll state, who is a moderate. That is three big pluses right there. I don't think he'll win the nomination, but I'd say he has a shot at VP.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
He is a successful governor, in the straw poll state, who is a moderate. That is three big pluses right there. I don't think he'll win the nomination, but I'd say he has a shot at VP.

VP maybe... but i think edwards still has to be the favorite at this point for the pres. nomination. and i'm not sure if obama would do it, but an Edwards Obama ticket would be near unbeatable

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
From New Mexico??? I'd throw up at the idea of him in office.

Why? The guy has been wildly successful. Improved one of the poorest states in the union in education and income, and did it without going into major debt like other states. He's socially moderate, and a keen business guy. He's got foreign policy background, and, he was Clinton's energy secretary. He's also brokered a lot of good deals regarding land use in NM, a big issue in the west. And brought a lot of new business to the state.

I realize you wouldn't like any Dem, but, I'd think you'd prefer a fiscal conservative, business-minded guy over the alternatives.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)
Why? The guy has been wildly successful. Improved one of the poorest states in the union in education and income, and did it without going into major debt like other states. He's socially moderate, and a keen business guy. He's got foreign policy background, and, he was Clinton's energy secretary. He's also brokered a lot of good deals regarding land use in NM, a big issue in the west. And brought a lot of new business to the state.

I realize you wouldn't like any Dem, but, I'd think you'd prefer a fiscal conservative, business-minded guy over the alternatives.

I'd actually consider voting for Lieberman. And your right he may be better than the alternatives (Clinton or Kerry especially) and quite frankly Obama has really had to do nothing so I can't speak enough about him cause his history as a politician doesn't tell me much aside from the fact he's well liked.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
I'd actually consider voting for Lieberman. And your right he may be better than the alternatives (Clinton or Kerry especially) and quite frankly Obama has really had to do nothing so I can't speak enough about him cause his history as a politician doesn't tell me much aside from the fact he's well liked.

I'd consider voting for a Republican over Lieberman.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Nov 9, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
VP maybe... but i think edwards still has to be the favorite at this point for the pres. nomination. and i'm not sure if obama would do it, but an Edwards Obama ticket would be near unbeatable

Yes it would be that would be a very nice ticket. Other ideas should be looking at our Governor's around the country. It seems to be a trend toward governors as Presidents. Clinton, Kerry, Gore would not be a good choice.