How about them Portland Trail Blazers?

So after 6 games, what does everyone think? Personally, I think this club has a shot to play in late April, possibly May, but I'll wait on that one. They've got great young talent, and right now they're winning big games without Darius Miles, Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Raef LaFrentz, and Joel Pryzbilla. I attended tonights amazing 27 point comeback over the top ranked Hornets... by far the most electric sporting event I've ever attended. The fans, though a little few in number, are starting to comeback, and BlazerMania is soon taking over Rip City once again.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox4:

They're on the right track but I think they're still going to end up with the worst record in the West when it's all said and done, for these main reasons;

1) Don't think Jack and Umoza would start for any other team in the NBA right now.

2) Lack of depth. Besides Pryzibilla, Outlaw, Dixon and Webster, most od whom are still young and inconsistent, they don't really have much else.

3) Youth. Put simply these guys still need time to gel.

So if I'm a Blazers fan, I'm still hoping for that #1 pick to get Greg Oden. Then you've got something.

I do like Brandon Roy very much though, and I couldn't believe teams like the Bobcats chose Adam Morrison over him.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
The Blazers have a great player in Zach Randolph... if he can stay out of trouble they can be a pretty decent team. Roy is the most NBA ready of prob. all the rookies in the draft and darius miles is also a pretty good player.

Miles is simply a cancer.

The Blazers should be doing all they can to keep trying and ship him to the Knicks under Thomas.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Which bodes well for the Blazers. I think guys like Miles are best desribed by the old cliche, "addition by subtraction."

BINGO.

He comes back and could easily f*** anything positive they were building.