Post Election Gas Prices

Texsox

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
You know you are completely right... there's this group of evil manipulative leaders who try to control everything and decide how people should live their lives... you might have heard of them... OPEC?

but come on now, the democrats won, of COURSE the gas prices are going to go up - its GW w/ his cronies making it look like the world will go to s*** now that the dems have won... sore losers i say

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
lol I don't think it had an effect on the election favoring the GOP either way, but it could've been possible that was their intentions but I'd like to believe not.

I'd also like to believe not.

I don't think I can. But I'd like to.

Gas prices go down every fall as companies are able to switch to cheaper gas blends with higher vapor pressure, and start to go back up in the winter as things get cold and heating demand goes up. This is the normal yearly cycle the way the market is set up right now. It just so happens that elections are in the fall too, so people jump to conclusions.

I noticed they went up, but I intently watching my ComEd bill to see what this 20% hike will look like (and then another one sometime next year if they get what they want).

ComEd and People's Gas (or Energy, whatever they are calling themselves this year) can go jump of a cliff, freaking criminals.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
I agree. TXU here kept asking for rate increases last year when the Nat. Gas prices climbed... do you think they asked for reductions when the price went down? Hell no. Bastards.

Besides if you had read a newspaper for anything like the last month to 6 weeks, you would have heard OPEC crying about this, and them talking about cutting product to artificially shore up prices.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 11, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Gas prices go down every fall as companies are able to switch to cheaper gas blends with higher vapor pressure, and start to go back up in the winter as things get cold and heating demand goes up. This is the normal yearly cycle the way the market is set up right now. It just so happens that elections are in the fall too, so people jump to conclusions.

Turn in your tinfoil hat now, Balta!!!

:D