Sick Day at work?

FoxySoxGirl

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
Take it out of your check. It happened once to a co-worker a couple years ago.

Welcome to my world! It's been 2 years since I have received any kind of raise (or has anyone else I work with for that matter), we found out today our health insurance costs have gone up $15 a month and they are buying two lines from a competitor (this was 2 years in the making though).

Yeah, I can't say I was all that motivated to work after meeting this morning (free lunch or no free lunch).

I think it's why I can relate to Office Space so much. Peter's quote when he's talking to the Bobs about lack of motivation really sums it up.

It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation?

I can't imagine working for more than a year with no raises. Every single job I've ever had, retail or otherwise, I've gotten a yearly raise.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I think non-smokers should get discounts on Health Benefits...likewise for Gym frequenters. I know that's not the end-all of health, but my unscientific guess would be that smokers and sedentary individuals have a higher rate of visiting their health care provider than the previously mentioned.

thoughts? (I know that's a major hijack, but steff brings up a good point)

My company gives discounts for being tobacco-free. We just have to sign a paper that says we haven't used any tobacco products in the past 12 months. If I could afford health insurance, I'd take advantage of it.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
What do your companies do when you use up all your sick days and have to take off?

We're allowed to use vacation days as well. We can also "borrow" days from the next year. I'm currently earning days but won't actually get them until July. I can borrow them before if I use up all my days from this year. Hasn't been a problem yet.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic