GM meetings are today

GreatScott82

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
I hope Kenny only deals for proven and effective pitchers, starting and relieving.

By the way, anyone know the most innings BMac has logged in a season? Seems like he's a prime candidate for an August fade.

Over 170 innings in 2004, over 185 innings in 2005, 85 innings in last year's experiment. So, we'll see.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I hope Kenny only deals for proven and effective pitchers, starting and relieving.

By the way, anyone know the most innings BMac has logged in a season? Seems like he's a prime candidate for an August fade.

He had a nice steady progression in the minors in terms of innings pitched but that was ruined with us using him awfully out of the pen.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)

We need a couple of high ceiling, young starters.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
He had a nice steady progression in the minors in terms of innings pitched but that was ruined with us using him awfully out of the pen.

I was just comparing McCarthy's gradual progression with Buehrle and Garland. It's pathetic really how this organization mishandled Brandon. May have set him back two seasons. We can't assume he'll be able to endure 170IP again. I wouldn't be shocked if they limited him to around 150. If Cooper/Guillen/company have any intention of avoiding arm troubles, they can't expect 200 innings. Time to use the bullpen which we've neglected the last two seasons.

McCArthy's misuse last year is primarily why, going into next season, Haeger is more valuable than perhaps anyone in our bullpen. He'll be the one responsible for continually bridging the gap when McCarthy (after pitching five innings) leaves a close game. It should happen quite often too if they're serious about monitoring his arm.

I'm under the belief Haeger should literally be abused. If he pitches under 110IP it's only because Guillen doesn't use him the first two months or he's completely ineffective. A knuckleball delivery is about the most fluid you'll find in baseball. Hell, Wakefield has had more rib injuries than arm injuries in nearly 15 years of service.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

This Rowand love is ridiculous. Anderson and Rowand had similar offensive stats the season they were 24. When Rowand turned 25, he was hitting so poorly Carl Everett had to play CF. A late season surge made his numbers respectable. Rowand hit well in 2004, but has been fairly mediocre ever since. I would take Anderson any day of the week over Rowand defensively, I don't care how many times Rowand crashes into a wall. I think KW would be better served using the money on pitching.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
This Rowand love is ridiculous. Anderson and Rowand had similar offensive stats the season they were 24. When Rowand turned 25, he was hitting so poorly Carl Everett had to play CF. A late season surge made his numbers respectable. Rowand hit well in 2004, but has been fairly mediocre ever since. I would take Anderson any day of the week over Rowand defensively, I don't care how many times Rowand crashes into a wall. I think KW would be better served using the money on pitching.

Ding!

Next Topic.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
If Florida is monitoring Anderson, that's a good indication as any he shouldn't be traded.

I notice how the article mentions Chris Young as well.....

Florida is smart enough to realize that the White Sox might sell Anderson low right now while he's still young and has a ton of room for improvement. I just keep hoping the White Sox aren't dumb enough to do so.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
Florida is smart enough to realize that the White Sox might sell Anderson low right now while he's still young and has a ton of room for improvement. I just keep hoping the White Sox aren't dumb enough to do so.

Well, if we are to believe rumors across town, they're seriously considering Rowand as our CF for next season.

If Rowand is a White Sox next season and/or McCarthy is traded that'll be about it for my sanity. I'll be convinced Guillen has brainwashed Williams. For good measure they'll probably trade one of starters for crap because the team demanded we eat several million of the contract -- and of course, we didn't.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)

The only way I could possibly see KW being interested in dealing BA to Florida is if he could get his hands on some of that young pitching in the Florida System. Guys like Pinto and Volstad for instance.

But I would rather just hang onto BA, and get that young pitching from dealing a starter like Garcia.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Oh no! There appears to be some controversy, or at least some shoddy reporting.

Kevin Towers for teh win?!

This bit of information flew under the radar.

When their first real session opens early on Tuesday morning, the GMs will study rule changes, including again the limited use of instant replay to help umpires on home run calls, and the possibility of installing Colorado-type humidors to store baseballs in each of the Major League's 30 ballparks.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
This bit of information flew under the radar.

Who cares. I heard Wayne Krivsky and Jim Bowden were trying to sign a Dominican pin setter they found working lane 16.

"He's got great hands," said Bowden, who thought he'd end up at SS. Krivsky thought his durability might make him better suited for reliever duties/ "Think about it. He's back there 15 hours a day, setting pins," the Nats GM postulated. "The guy's got a rubber arm, a clean motion, and excellent delivery." There was one thing both GM agreed upon, "he's projectable."

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
Where are the BA to Rangers rumors?

One other name to consider is the White Sox's Brian Anderson. He has been a disappointment as Rowand's replacement. But reuniting with boyhood pal Ian Kinsler and hooking up with Rangers hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo might get him back on track.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...de.2d3879a.html

The Texas Rangers are exploring options to replace free-agent center fielder Gary Matthews Jr., who wanted more than $10 million a year to return, and are studying a possible pursuit of the White Sox's Brian Anderson. The Sox reportedly have scouted the Texas system intensely and could be interested in 24-year-old right-hander Nick Masset. A converted starter, he is having a big winter as a closer for Mazatlan in the Mexican League. Anderson, who recently returned from Venezuela having lost 20 pounds, is no longer assured of being the Sox's center fielder in 2007. The Sox are interested in free agent Dave Roberts. Ryan Sweeney and Jerry Owens are internal options. …
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines Edited by RME JICO