2008 Presidential Announcement Thread.

Rex Kickass

Bloomberg is really proving quite adept in balancing NYPD supporters and African American community leaders in this bachelor party shooting the other week.

You're hearing people in the neighborhood talking about how they can't respect the police because things like the bachelor party shooting goes on too often and praising Bloomberg for caring about his neighborhood at the same time.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
What the heck is that a statue of? It looks like an alien coal miner.

I assume it's a gigantic platinum statue of something commissioned with city money that was supposed to be used for 9/11 recovery under Rudy. But then again, as corrupt as those folks turned out to be...what isn't?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
I assume it's a gigantic platinum statue of something commissioned with city money that was supposed to be used for 9/11 recovery under Rudy. But then again, as corrupt as those folks turned out to be...what isn't?

Giuliani was directly involved? it's a big city, there is going to be corruption that the Mayor does not have knowledge of.

i hope he gets the GOP nomination.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
I'm wondering if you have the same reaction to Richie...

i like Mayor Daley. he's not perfect, but i like a lot of things he's done for the city. my main complaint with with him are high sales and property taxes.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
i like Mayor Daley. he's not perfect, but i like a lot of things he's done for the city. my main complaint with with him are high sales and property taxes.

I'm pretty much with you there. Its the tradeoff - higher taxes (which go partly to graft), but a city that runs far better than most. At the local level, most people are fine with that, even when they know beyond a doubt that pockets are being lined.

The graft isn't a good thing, but if its the current situation versus one where we have an honest mayor who can't get a damn thing done... I'll take Daley.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

Governor Bill Richardson: I'm Running. - Fox news.

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson is expected to formally file papers to form a presidential exploratory committee in January. But today he told FOX News "I am running," as he described the professional and personal experiences that he believes have prepared him for the job.

"I've dealt with the issues that are very important today — national security, immigration and energy," said Richardson, who was Secretary of Energy and later U.N. Ambassador during the Clinton administration.

In addition to his previous experience in the Clinton White House, Richardson believes that his Hispanic heritage will be an advantage in his campaign for the presidency.

"I am Hispanic, which I believe is an asset," Richardson said. "But I'm not running as an Hispanic, I am running as an American who is proud to be Hispanic."

Richardson plans to travel to New Hampshire, the first of the nation's states to hold a primary, the weekend after next.

Update: The Richardson camp says that Fox made this up.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
Governor Bill Richardson: I'm Running. - Fox news.

Update: The Richardson camp says that Fox made this up.

Opening with controversy. Interesting. I'l be curious to see how this plays out.

He's running in any case, of course.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
I like Richardson, but I hope that FOX is making this up because he'd be wasting his time.

Oh, I think he'll run. He's already got exploratory committees in place. And I'd guess that an executive from a state where he balanced their budget and improved the economy, is considered a regional leader in immigration policy, is the former energy secretary, and is Hispanic... is not wasting his time. He'll get some attention. Long shot to win, but a strong VP candidate.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
Are you saying Fox made up his quotes? I find that highly unlikely.

I agree. I'd guess this is something more like... Richardson lays on a really obvious hint... Fox runs it, and maybe even puts it in a context where its more obvious than that... Richardson is upset because he wanted to make a more formal, controlled announcement.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
Add Kucinich for the Dems - he confirmed today he is running. I'm thinking the other candidates probably aren't exactly shaking in their boots.

I will say this about Kucinich - he seems like an honest, unabashed person. No games there - what you see is what you get.

Whoa. I hope not.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
Yea, he went up to N.H the same week "ROCK STAAH OBAMA!!!" went up, and he was pretty much told that it's a two way race between Hillary and Obama.

Though I am intrigued by Obama, I really wish that Bayh would have stayed in for a while (even though they are politically similar). He was one of my two guys, up to this point. Richardson still seems to be making noise like he is in.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)
Though I am intrigued by Obama, I really wish that Bayh would have stayed in for a while (even though they are politically similar). He was one of my two guys, up to this point. Richardson still seems to be making noise like he is in.

I'll listen to what Obama has to say, once he starts actually saying something. But my inclination at this point is that he doesn't have enough experience. He very well may be a force in the Democrat Party, but perhaps 2008 is too soon. I'm sorry Bayh dropped out. I'd like to several Democrats run with the hope that cream will rise to top.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
I'll listen to what Obama has to say, once he starts actually saying something. But my inclination at this point is that he doesn't have enough experience. He very well may be a force in the Democrat Party, but perhaps 2008 is too soon. I'm sorry Bayh dropped out. I'd like to several Democrats run with the hope that cream will rise to top.

With Bayh out, I'm putting my hopes on Richardson right now. The field is awfully crowded, but that may actually help someone who isn't Clinton/Obama, as they battle each other. Depends how it falls out. Unfortunately, the Dems will worry that there are too many hats in the ring, and will likely try to persuade some of them not to run.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
With Bayh out, I'm putting my hopes on Richardson right now. The field is awfully crowded, but that may actually help someone who isn't Clinton/Obama, as they battle each other. Depends how it falls out. Unfortunately, the Dems will worry that there are too many hats in the ring, and will likely try to persuade some of them not to run.

If they are banking on either Clinton or Obama they are making a mistake. She's a b**** and he's a wanna-be at this point. They need to put a serious candidate out there.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
If they are banking on either Clinton or Obama they are making a mistake. She's a b**** and he's a wanna-be at this point. They need to put a serious candidate out there.

How much time have you actually spent watching Obama? Let's put it this way...his name is not in this race as an affirmative action candidate. As far as I've seen, he is probably the best candidate the party has had since Bill Clinton, maybe better.