Dane Cook, "not funny"? or even plagarist

southsider2k5

These are the funniest ones I can find... They're really quotable and fun. I'm not a DC apologist, I just appreciate his humor. I'll take Patton Oswald on HBO ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. "This is Tom Carvel of Carvel Ice Cream Stores...just in time for the Timothy McVeigh Verdict..."

Burger King

"and the pickels....and sweet and sour sauce all over my body"

DMV

"In the Future everything will be instant...."

Envy of a Snake

"Ohhh, why not me?!?!"

Round of Applause

"She's not clapping!"

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
These are the funniest ones I can find... They're really quotable and fun. I'm not a DC apologist, I just appreciate his humor. I'll take Patton Oswald on HBO ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. "This is Tom Carvel of Carvel Ice Cream Stores...just in time for the Timothy McVeigh Verdict..."

Burger King

"and the pickels....and sweet and sour sauce all over my body"

DMV

"In the Future everything will be instant...."

Envy of a Snake

"Ohhh, why not me?!?!"

Round of Applause

"She's not clapping!"

See, now, the Catholic thing (BK???) and the DMV bit were pretty good. That's what I'm looking for. Much better. :headbang

I happen to like Dane Cook. A lot of what makes him funny are his extreme scenarios. If you haven't listened to Retaliation, I suggest you do so. It's pretty good.

Someone sh** on the coats! is good as is the part about the tickling grandmother. As far as older stuff, the Burger King skit is one of my favorite comedic pieces of all-time.

Edited by SoxFan1

Dane Cook is still one of my favorite comedians.Every comic will tell you the biggest part of having a joke be funny is in the delivery,and DC is one of the best at it.Comics hate each other especially when another guy is successful.Its not like he hasnt earned his stripes he is 34 years old.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
The part of the article which I disliked most was in reference to "So where's the joke"? That's the kind of shortsightedness that probably happened when people stopped telling knock knock jokes and moved on to puns... Life is funny. Exaggerations are funny. Stories are funny. Sounds are funny. AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS is funny.

Lighten up and laugh...especially Rolling Stone Magazine=the saddest bastards in the world, followed by Pitchforkmedia.

Nice. This might be blasphemy, but if people are going to attack Cook for not telling jokes, then we all better turn on David Cross. Not only him, but Eddie Izzard too. Neither one of those guys have "jokes", in fact they are more social commentary. Heck, probably the most respected comedian of the past 30 years, Bill Hicks, rarely told "jokes".

That being said, that Alien bit was not funny. He seems to be in an Adam Sandler style, and that being that if these guys can be high paid comedians, than anybody can be.