Christmas give and get thread

Soxy

So, all my Christmas shopping is done (and has been for about two weeks). But I still haven't made my christmas list for the family. I have no idea what I want.

I will say, though, that the presents I'm giving this year are possibly the coolest ones I've ever given. So, I'm very excited about that. Is that part of being an adult? More excited to see people open the gifts you give than to open your own?

So this year, thanks to my guy, I finally can co-opt having a niece and nephew to buy presents for.

For my guy's niece: I'm totally getting Lego... cause as far as she's concerned I might as well be called Zack Zach, Lego Maniac. (Whenever she sees me, she actually goes and pulls out all her legos.)

For my guy's nephew: He'll only be four months - so I'm getting him a savings bond for college, to be used as a bookmark in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Friederich Neitzsche. Because what baby's room is complete without a copy of Neitzsche??

I hear ya Soxy!

I think I found the edition of a cookbook my mom has been looking to get again (she loaned it and never got it back). For Brian, I have one last thing and he keeps hinting at it anyway so I know he will love it. I think I picked out some good stuff for my brother, sister and nephew. Here's hoping!

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
So, all my Christmas shopping is done (and has been for about two weeks). But I still haven't made my christmas list for the family. I have no idea what I want.

I will say, though, that the presents I'm giving this year are possibly the coolest ones I've ever given. So, I'm very excited about that. Is that part of being an adult? More excited to see people open the gifts you give than to open your own?

I've always liked giving gifts almost as much as getting them. Especially since my family has a "tradition" of wrapping one present 10 times (and in several boxes) with an entire roll of scotch tape so it literally takes 10 minutes to unwrap it.

Most of the time you can't see the floor after we're done unwrapping. :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
This year is so much more exciting for me with it being Madison's first year of "getting" Christmas. I am having so much fun trying to find stuff for her, all though I still really like to get stuff too :0)

If she's like most kids, she'll be more interested in the boxes than the toys themselves. ;)

XBOX360 is on my wish list. That and passing the FAR section of the CPA exam.

As far as what i'm going to get, I bought my mom a bigass TV to say thanks for letting me stay at her house for free and I have no idea what I'm going to get other people but as I get older I absolutely love getting people cool gifts.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
Im right in the same boat. Last year I got a Spring Training Trip, which was awesome, but now this year it's sort of just a given that were going again, so it's not really a gift.

I could go the 360 route, but Im really pretty happy with my old X-Box right now.

I really have no ideas, and the questions for the 'rents have already started.

Right now my list consists of 1 pewter bangle bracelet and a $25 sewing class.

My list is mostly DVD box sets of old sitcoms. Maybe a couple of PS2 games and a couple of Stephen King books.

My parents are extremely difficult to buy for. They pretty much have everything they need and don't really have any hobbies. I might get the new Microsoft Flight Simulator for my dad. My mom will probably end up with another sweater.