Vote for Change

kapkomet

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401K's are back. A new direction from there means what?

Unemployment is at 25 year lows. A new direction from there means what?

Oil prices are plummeting. A new direction from there means what?

Taxes are at 20 year lows. A new direction from there means what?

Federal tax revenues are at all-time highs. A new direction from there means what?

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year. A new direction from there means what?

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years. A new direction from there means what?

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows. A new direction from there means what?

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01. A new direction from there means what?

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Qaeda's top

dogs are either dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel. A new direction from there means what?

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel, including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets

being exploded in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks A new direction from there means what?

Just as Bush had planned and foretold us of on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are alighting the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here. A new direction from there means what?

Moreover, bear in mind that all of the above occurred in the face of the 1999 tech crash, the epidemic of corporate scandals throughout the 90's, and the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks on NYC years in the planning which collectively sucked 24 trillion dollars and 7.8 million jobs out of the US economy even before G. W. Bush had time to unpack his suitcases in the White House. It's easy for the Democrats to attempt to discredit, disgrace and defame our commander in chief, George W. Bush -- that's what they do.

What's not so easy for them to do is to refute irrefutable facts, no matter how they might try.

Now some of this is very skewed, but some of it is right on. Too bad the message couldn't be delivered better then it was...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
Finally you get it.

:cheers :headbang Until we have another great Texan to take his place, he'll have to do. Maybe Delay in '08 is still a possibility. If not, let's get Jeb and keep the BFD* going.

*Bush Family Dynasty.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Given that the markets have been going up for a while, including after the elections, I'd say the experts on the economic picture for the nation are not overly concerned.

Imagine the absurdity of Americans placing body bags ahead of financial gains. It's Un-American

I said it at the outset, some of it is 'spun', but overall... the general going on in the country is what most would consider as very good.

Iraq was packaged by the Democrats as the end all be all of this election, and that may be the right thing, or it may not be. Everything else was rejected as 'nonimportant' and that's my point with posting this.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
I said it at the outset, some of it is 'spun', but overall... the general going on in the country is what most would consider as very good.

Iraq was packaged by the Democrats as the end all be all of this election, and that may be the right thing, or it may not be. Everything else was rejected as 'nonimportant' and that's my point with posting this.

And if the situation were reversed, a similar email would have gone out.

I may have to pull an Alec Baldwin if we elect another Bush...move to Canada. Or at least threaten to move to Canada. :P

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
And if the situation were reversed, a similar email would have gone out.

I may have to pull an Alec Baldwin if we elect another Bush...move to Canada. Or at least threaten to move to Canada. :P

There were some of the same paralells in 1994. It was more about a social change then and it's the same now.

I said it at the outset, some of it is 'spun', but overall... the general economic going on in the country is what most would consider as very good.

Fixed.

Iraq was packaged by BushCo as the end all be all of this election, and that may be the right thing, or it may not be. Everything else was rejected as 'nonimportant' and that's my point with posting this.

Also fixed. The Dems just followed suit. BushCo made this election, as he did 2004, about Iraq and security.

The Top 5 Spun Election Headlines

5> Republicans Retain Control of Executive, Judicial Branches

4> True to Values, GOP Pols Opt to Spend More Time With Families

3> Dems Admit No Exit Strategy for Invasion of Congress, Senate

2> Mr. Pelosi's Wife to Run House

and Topfive.com's Number 1 Spun Election Headline...

1> Bush Brings Democracy to Formerly Oppressed Country

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Fixed.

Also fixed. The Dems just followed suit. BushCo made this election, as he did 2004, about Iraq and security.

And I think that was his parties' mistake. He needed to turn it to what's happening here, and also it is about Iraq.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
And I think that was his parties' mistake. He needed to turn it to what's happening here, and also it is about Iraq.

Easier said than done. When you're in the process of losing a war of your own choosing, it's not exactly that easy to get people to "look over here, see, the stock market is up!" (Especially when median incomes aren't rising either, and health care costs are going up, and so on)

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
the economy may be good now but doubling the debt in 6 years, the ball will drop sometime. A change in what indeed.

And what would you have us do, Einstein of Economics?

Let's see.

Recession handed to administration. Check.

9/11. Check.

A war. Check.

Oh, and this just in... the deficit is shrinking VERY rapidly because there is more economic GROWTH that was generated over the past 6 years then anyone thought.

A change in what indeed.

Look, I'm not saying that there is not stupid, wasteful spending. There is. But I think it's amazing how all this comes down to Democrat vs. Republican.

And, for the third time, I agree that some of this (original) post is dookey disguised in RNC talking points. But some of it is very true. What does that mean? The election cycle was very mishandled IMO.

Here's my honest to god question about economics:

There's a bunch of economic growth, but I don't see it with the people I work with. My finances improved - but that had more to do with me relocating and changing careers.

Unemployment went down, but the number of people actually in the workforce hasn't really changed as a percentage of people in the economy. Inflation's "in check" but I'm paying twice what I paid 6 years ago to fill up my gas tank. Food seems more expensive than it was a few years ago too. Those are my biggest non rent/utility expenses each month but they are excluded from inflation numbers.

If it's not any easier for working class families, and even - in many cases - middle class families, how is this an improving economy for America?

I could get into the economics part of this discussion, and you can probably guess more of what I'd have to say, but seriously, this one has already reached that point where it's just going to be people banging against each others' heads.

The whole of the Bush economy has been one of contradiction. Some bits of data go in 1 direction, while other bits of data go in the other direction. Government revenues are up, but median income has been dropping. Inflation is in check, but who knows what that will do to housing prices.

When it comes right down to it, you can't lecture people on their personal economy. You can't create an ad telling people the economy is doing ok if they feel like they're close losing a job, or if they can't afford to go out and buy the things they want to, and you can't convince a person who's constantly getting raises and feeling better that the economy isn't doing well.

When the economy does what it has done for the last 4 years, with different indicators going in all sorts of crazy directions, you are going to run into plenty of people who have totally divergent feelings on the economy, and no amount of advertising is going to convince them otherwise.

I think the reality is as I said before: nearly 3000 Americans have died in a war of choice that we're losing, and the economic situation at home would have to be awfully good before people would start turning their backs on it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
nearly 3000 Americans have died in a war of choice that we're losing, and the economic situation at home would have to be awfully good before people would start turning their backs on it.

That right there says VOLUMES about what is wrong with things.