Driving music

Thedeepsea

I was driving to Texas once, late at night, a little rain coming down, had no idea where I was, and I was listening to First And Last And Always by The Sisters Of Mercy. Easily the most surreal driving experience I have ever had. I still remember it all quite vividly.

If I am pissed, "The Eliminator" by is quite the great song. So is "Race Against Time" by GBH.

All of The Riverboat Gamblers brilliant Something To Crow About, as it makes time fly by and is a ton of fun.

if its a long trip by myself and i need to stay awake, i'll listen to talk radio or a comic album.

but if its just a good hour distance i like hypnotic albums like neu! or post-rock. Or i'll just shuffle and see what i haven't listened to in a while.

So, my friend just told me yesterday that I apparently repeat bands and songs over and over and over. LOL. I didn't notice but this week we have had to car pool to work and I've been obsessed with this band Mew (you should definitely check them out ;)

Anyway, she get's in the car today and was like ummm this is the 75th time I've heard this band this week can you PLEASE change it. :(

I didn't want to but I did it anyway. So I guess I listen to bands I'm infatuated with as well when I drive. :)

Since my CD-RW drive quit responding nearly a year ago I've been left with a personal compilation of two disks devoted entirely to Pink Floyd.

Nothing more fitting than listening to 'Welcome to the Machine' driving to work. Or 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' returning home from school late on weekends. Always a song available to fit your particular mood. :D

For long drives, there's generally no way I can stay awake listening to music. I try to find some talk radio or often listen to books-on-tape. I've been going through the Chuck Palahniuk books the last year or so. As for talk radio, it's great listening to right wing radio for its entertainment value (Matt Drudge, Michael Savage) and also some Art Bell.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
So.............how was the Pancake Breakfast on October 20th? Delicious I bet.

You know, I've always wanted to ask that, but never found the right opportunity.

It's definitely one of the more interesting avatars on Soxtalk, and this comes from a guy with a friggin screaming baby.

QUOTE(Thedeepsea @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
Their is a lot of different music that I listen to when I'm driving depending on my mood. When I'm in the mood to drive crazy I listen to Offspring's "Total Immortal" and Sugar Ray's "RPM." I also have my sing along songs, but we won't go there. :P

What do you listen to?

Offspring, Bad Habit. On repeat. But I hate both those songs you play. Really, really hate them. Really. Heard someone playing them last week. I got so MAD. What's your license plate, btw?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
So.............how was the Pancake Breakfast on October 20th? Delicious I bet.

It was ridiculously delicious.

I can't recall what the google image search was that yielded the picture, but it struck me as hilarious. If you're interested you can special order a day planner with the picture as its cover at www.cafepress.com/mmmbate. Just scroll all the way down. There are some other quality items on that page you can order, including but not limited to a Birds Rule t-shirt and a personal favorite, CITIES t-shirt. It's some merchandise a buddy of mine and I put together.