Wii

Buehrle>Wood

So, I didn't camp-out for my pre-order. And I don't want to camp out to get a video game system.

Anyone with experience know where the best places to go would be? Any stores with midnight launches?

Also, the editor of IGN called Zelda: Twilight Princess "The greatest game of all-time" today. I can't frickin' wait.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
So, I didn't camp-out for my pre-order. And I don't want to camp out to get a video game system.

Anyone with experience know where the best places to go would be? Any stores with midnight launches?

Also, the editor of IGN called Zelda: Twilight Princess "The greatest game of all-time" today. I can't frickin' wait.

Do you have Meijer near you. They're open 24 hours and they're doing the 12:01 release (though for the PS3 they said this and gave out vouchers way earlier, but I wouldn't think it'd be as bad as the PS3)

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
I might get the new zelda for gamecube because gamespot said that that wii controller takes away from the gameplay with small glitches and too much simplicity in the senseless hacking

on second thought, I'm not sure because IGN is like an exact opposite of gamespot's review

Yeah, basically every review I read except GameSpot's has said the Wii controls are way better. Plus the GCN version is likely in a limited release, so it will be hard to get.

Right now on gamerankings, the Wii version is tied for the 6th best rated game ever.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
Yeah, basically every review I read except GameSpot's has said the Wii controls are way better. Plus the GCN version is likely in a limited release, so it will be hard to get.

Right now on gamerankings, the Wii version is tied for the 6th best rated game ever.

yea I'm thinking I'll get it for the Wii

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 06:37 AM)
Maybe call ahead, but I would try some place like a Sears or Kmart that might get a small number in but are irrelevant to people.

I have seen numbers from every local store around here. You don't want to go to either. I realize people won't think of it to go to these places, but they have an extremly few units coming in. You're better off taking you chances at one of the bigges stores.

The good thing about K-Mart though is that it is a lottery where they pull your name out of a hat or something. So anyone who shows up at opening has the same chance as everyone else.

Wii sports

Tennis is a ton of fun. Simple control that anyone could handle.

Baseball- the ideas were good, the effort was not. Swinging a bat should feel more real with the remote. Hopefully MLB2k7 fixes all this(Not that I expected Wii Baseball to be as advanced as that).

Golf- Fun. Again, could have been deeper, but it's still fun.

Boxing- By far the best of them. The only problem is that it is so fricken' tiring!

Haven't played bowling yet.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 19, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Man I struck out this morning. I hope retailers will be getting steady shipments of Wiis and not just a big opening day amount.

EDIT: Nevermind. You're not from Chicago.

Heard retiailers will get a 2nd shipment as soon as tommorrow and every 3 to 4 days from then on.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood