Wii

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
I am looking at the case of that game right now. "Virtua Tennis" was the name of the game. Without a doubt one of the best sports games ever.

There's never been a better tennis game since that game (they even made it into an arcade game), and I don't think there will be for a long, long time.

The controls and shots worked perfectly on that game.

Jim saw this at the mall yesterday - consumed by the golf game. For those that know him, you think this would be a winner for me to get him..?

And do the graphics distort any on a larger (60 inch) tv? They had it on 35 inchers at the mall.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
Jim saw this at the mall yesterday - consumed by the golf game. For those that know him, you think this would be a winner for me to get him..?

It really is a fun system but something I wouldn't buy as I think it's going to be odd as hell for actual sports games.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
It really is a fun system but something I wouldn't buy as I think it's going to be odd as hell for actual sports games.

He looked strange doing the golf with the remote thing. Not holding an actual club was somthing I didn't think he would like. He seemed ok with it though. The thing I am worried about is that he would get bored with it fast and it would end up collecting dust.

Id say the sports games are one of the best things about the system. The Wii Sports tennis and golf are extremely fun. The madden, well if your willing to take the time to get used to it is extremely fun. I dont know if Jim will like it or not... has he even been into consoles b4?

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
He looked strange doing the golf with the remote thing. Not holding an actual club was somthing I didn't think he would like. He seemed ok with it though. The thing I am worried about is that he would get bored with it fast and it would end up collecting dust.

And at that time you mail it to me and we can get someone banned :D

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
Id say the sports games are one of the best things about the system. The Wii Sports tennis and golf are extremely fun. The madden, well if your willing to take the time to get used to it is extremely fun. I dont know if Jim will like it or not... has he even been into consoles b4?

A kid was playing tennis and I was impressed at how the remote responded to his every slight move. Jim has never been a video game guy. And he golfs every Sunday (at least) during the spring, summer, and fall which is why I'm afraid of it gathering dust from March to October. So it will likely be a last minute decision if I get it for him.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
And at that time you mail it to me and we can get someone banned :D

LMAO. Deal! :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)

And do the graphics distort any on a larger (60 inch) tv? They had it on 35 inchers at the mall.

FWIW, I don't know much about the system, but I would be willing to bet that Jim would love it.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
I've got the solution so it doesn't gather dust:

You get Jim the Wii, THEN you send me all his golf clubs :shades

LMAO... I say deal, but he says "the kid is obviously on crack". I'm betting high that the only way those clubs are leaving his possession are if I can pry them from his cold dead hands. You should have them by the time you're 50 ;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 03:50 AM)
Tell me, from a pure Nintendo fanboy Zelda addict perspective:

How good is Twilight Princess?

Orgasmic.

The game is absoluty fricken huge. It takes minutes just to travel across Hyrule field. Its certainly long too, I heard about 70 hours. I'm 20 hours in and have only beaten 2 temples. It's a bit like OoT, but that's not a bad thing. I'd say OoT is only slightly better, but it's close.

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)

Steff, I'd guess it would collect dust. But, if you have entertain friends with kids, this would be great.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 4, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Orgasmic.

The game is absoluty fricken huge. It takes minutes just to travel across Hyrule field. Its certainly long too, I heard about 70 hours. I'm 20 hours in and have only beaten 2 temples. It's a bit like OoT, but that's not a bad thing. I'd say OoT is only slightly better, but it's close.

One of the things that REALLY bothered me about Windwaker was that it took forever to travel the map. First, the boat was slower than a turtle, and second, you had to adjust the sail to the wind. Hopefully it's different in Twilight Princess. They really should impliment things that prevent the player from setting out to a temple and having time and no worries to walk away from the TV, controller and game and make a cup of coffee.

In A Link to the Past, they had guards and various enemies all over the place. Generally you could just run right past them, but they made other uses (i.e. hearts, rupees, bombs, arrows).

(And if the Windwaker end boss battle with Gannon were longer, it'd have been one of the best boss battles in video game history.)

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Steff, I'd guess it would collect dust. But, if you have entertain friends with kids, this would be great.

The more we talk about it, the more he's leaning that way also. I think we've decided to wait until our son is old enough to play it. By that time I will guess version 15 will be out :lolhitting

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
Id wait until a tiger woods golf game comes out for it... not sure if there is one yet. The wii sports are fun but they can only last you so long... especially the golf since its only the same 9 holes.

He didn't realize that when he played it, so that's what saved me from buying it.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 02:35 AM)
B>W, you got anything on release for Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid 3, Sonic, Mario Party, SSX?

SSX should be out in about 2 weeks.

Metoid is weird. I'm pretty sure their done with the game(and have been for awhile now) but for whatever reason don't want to release just yet. My guess is a Summer release.

Not sure in the slightest about Galaxy or Brawl. Both should be holiday releases, but I'm guessing Nintendo won't want to cannibalize sales.

Some other games releasing 1stQ/2ndQ: Mario Party, Manhunt 2, Super Paper Mario, Battallion Wars 2, Mortal Kombat, Mario Strikers, Sonic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
SSX should be out in about 2 weeks.

Metoid is weird. I'm pretty sure their done with the game(and have been for awhile now) but for whatever reason don't want to release just yet. My guess is a Summer release.

Not sure in the slightest about Galaxy or Brawl. Both should be holiday releases, but I'm guessing Nintendo won't want to cannibalize sales.

Some other games releasing 1stQ/2ndQ: Mario Party, Manhunt 2, Super Paper Mario, Battallion Wars 2, Mortal Kombat, Mario Strikers, Sonic

brawl is June 1 and Galaxy i think is some time before that IIRC

• 3 weeks later...