Brian Anderson to the Marlins?

DBAHO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
BA can go! :hawk:

And replace him with whom.....

Maybe we can watch more of the Mack juggling show in CF this year. I did love the circle route to the ball or the dive and watch the ball bounce past you. Our contact pitchers thrive under that type of world class defense in CF.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Or it means that if you trade one of your best hitting prospects in decades (Young) due to having faith in another player (Anderson), you better not give up on him after one year just because your manager is an arrogant idiot.

I suppose someone should defend Ozzie and say that he isn't entirely to blame for the fact that Brian Anderson couldn't hit water falling out of a boat for the first half of the season and couldn't get a big hit, or hit for power, in the second half.

I'm not sure what we should do for Anderson (I much prefer Sweeney, internally), and I am opposed to trading him for something not-too-thrilling (but that's mainly because he's cheap, and gives us payroll flexibility, as I don't have faith in him becoming a stud), but, I really don't believe Ozzie's to blame for Anderson's season.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
I suppose someone should defend Ozzie and say that he isn't entirely to blame for the fact that Brian Anderson couldn't hit water falling out of a boat for the first half of the season and couldn't get a big hit, or hit for power, in the second half.

I'm not sure what we should do for Anderson (I much prefer Sweeney, internally), and I am opposed to trading him for something not-too-thrilling (but that's mainly because he's cheap, and gives us payroll flexibility, as I don't have faith in him becoming a stud), but, I really don't believe Ozzie's to blame for Anderson's season.

Not playing BA in the first half sure, the platoon I guess was needed.

Playing a corner OF in center when the rookie started hitting was not smart. Especially with our contact pitchers and the shear amount of times that Mack threw himself on the ground trying to get to something only to watch it scatter to the wall that BA or any normal CF would of caught in stride. Whatever Mack brought over BA's bat was immediately nullified with the amount of boob plays and non skilled plays mack made. Mack isnt a CF, in fact he has stated this on the radio, in the paper, and on TV. However as we have seen before the minute Guillen gets a man crush he runs with it no matter how illogical it is. Do you remember our DH when Carl went down, oh yeah that was Timo Perez, who was our backup 1st baseman, our backup leadoff hitter, and all around backup. BA gets crapped on for not hitting and we were trotting out Timo Freakin Perez as a DH in Yankee stadium. I find some irony with how one is poo poo, and the other is the main insert here guy. Thank God KW dropped him, or we would of had another season of Timo can play everywhere.

The problem is very simple. BA had a slow start, and then of course people have revisionist history on how great the lord and savior Aaron Rowand was.

I love Sweeney as a prospect. He is my favorite hitting prospect ever in the sox farm system. However he needs to learn how to hit lefty pitching, especially with the good lefties we have in our division. I would rather see Sweeney play another season at AAA and work on playing CF and hitting lefties better.

Lets see if our starting 9 can play a bit more than 25% of the time as a group. KW has to think hard about who he puts on this team no matter what their limited role is. Because Mr I am resting my guys for October will start resting his guys in like game 2 of the 162 season like he did last year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
I'm just curious as to why everyone is in such a hurry to get rid of Anderson after his first year in the league when Mr. Twins Torii Hunter put up a .689 OPS his first full year in the majors while hitting all of 9 homers.

p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e

Agreed i was looking over there milb track records and mlb rookie seasons, not mirror images, but pretty close, it takes time, give Brian his fair shake. we already seen the sox win it in our life time and win 90 games the year afterp; traiding Anderson when his value is at rock bottom is stupid.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Well, then we might as well get rid of Fields ASAP.

I do have the same concern with him. That's why I wouldn't be against trading him. I'm not saying either won't be good in the majors it's just that the high K rate shows they will have big problems adjusting if they can at all. That's why I would include them in a trade if you can get pitching for them.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
Just because I love comparisons so much;

Post ASB BA - .257/.301/.393

Rowand for all of 2006 - .262/.321/.425

People will point to Anderson's year long splits, and fail to realize that he was a rookie last year, playing a better defensive CF than Rowand while also putting up similar stats once getting adjusted and somewhat comfortable.

Any proposal where Rowand is a White Sox is a bad proposal.

It's amazing how quickly Anderson's stock has fallen.

Oz must have convinced Kenny the kid is simply no good.

If he has any work ethic I'd give BA one more year.

It took Joe a while to learn how to hit his weight, also.

And Joe now is one of the best.

It's amazing how quickly Anderson's stock has fallen.

Oz must have convinced Kenny the kid is simply no good.

If he has any work ethic I'd give BA one more year.

It took Joe a while to learn how to hit his weight, also.

And Joe now is one of the best.