Frank Thomas a Blue Jay????

ptatc

There are rumors that Frank will sign with the Blue Jays. I couldn't get used to him wearing green/gold. He'll look awful in the blue. Here's hoping he gets the 500 HR then retires. This team jumping is killing me.

Edited by ptatc

I remember watching Frank drill a high fastball off of the centerfield resteraunt window in the skydome. But I totally concur, seeing Thomas in Blue and White will be odd indeed. I will have to say I will be quite surprised to see him leave Oakland though, there was nothing but a huge lovefest between Thomas and Oakland and Billy Beane in the last couple months of the season.

As long as it isn't a team in the AL Central...

Free-agent designated hitter Frank Thomas is close to agreeing to a two-year contract with the Blue Jays, FOXSports.com has confirmed.

The deal, first reported by ESPN.com, would be worth at least $20 million. It also would include a club option for a third season, according to major-league sources.

So it's for at least $20 mil/ 2 years. I read 2 years, $23 mil over at mlbtraderumors.

Weird that this will amount to the biggest $-per-year salary that he's ever had.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
I really wouldn't mind seeing Frank hit that 500th homer against us...at home.

What true Sox fan wouldn't? I wouldn't even care if it beat us that particular game. lol. And I'm very happy to see that once again Frank won't be in our division. We saw what he did to us in 6 games. I want no part of him for 15-19 games.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
What true Sox fan wouldn't? [/b]I wouldn't even care if it beat us that particular game. lol. And I'm very happy to see that once again Frank won't be in our division. We saw what he did to us in 6 games. I want no part of him for 15-19 games.

Not so sure about that part. I'd rather he hit a solo homer in a 15-1 game.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
Wow, Big Frank a Blue Jay... Hope to see him hit 500.

I hope he does well.

I hope when he faces everyone else he goes 4 for 4 and hits 4 home runs per game.

Against us I hope he goes 0-4 and strikes out looking foolish all 4 times.

Amazed that the Jays are giving him that kind of $$$ frankly.

But then again, the contracts of Burnett and Ryan last season showed they're willing to overpay to get talent.

If Lilly bolts though, they'll need SP badly.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Well, the Sox play the Jays the 31st of May.

On the 31st of May last year, Frank hit his 11th of the season.

Things could get interesting......

And on May 31 of 2005, Frank didn't play because he managed to get injured the day before in his first game back off the DL. He didn't make it through the game, and was replaced at DH by Timo Perez, who had the game winning hit in extra innings.

Timo still sucks.

I am a HUGE Big Frank fan, but that is a lot of money for him at this point. Granted he tore it up the second half, but he is just a clog on the bases. I joke about PK, AJ and Thome and their wonderful speed, but Frank has trouble moving 1-3 on a true double.

But I wish Frank all the best, and I really feel he was one of the biggest losers in the steroid era, since IMO he was clean and juicers got way more pub.

I would imagine if this is true, it leaves the door open for Bonds to go to the A's

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
I took my GF to her 1st game that day. Good one to see...

That was a great game. It was a beautiful Memorial Day afternoon and a walkoff White Sox winner. I was out in left-field cursing out the previous batter who had failed to bring the winning run from 3rd in with one out when Timo somehow came through for the victory.