Rocco Baldelli Available

DBAHO

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)
So he can't hit well because he doesn't get on base at a great clip? Is that what you're trying to suggest? You don't have to have a good eye to be a good hitter.

And it's not like he's old. He's played 3 years while also missing 1 due to injury, and he'll be all of 25 next year. People are declaring Carl Crawford a god among children, yet fail to see how good Baldelli's numbers actually are, and how much time he still has left to develop as a hitter.

I for one would only see a problem with Baldelli on the White Sox if it cost the Sox McCarthy to get him, or some other unreasonable amount, which dealing with Tampa sometimes does.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
I for one would only see a problem with Baldelli on the White Sox if it cost the Sox McCarthy to get him, or some other unreasonable amount, which dealing with Tampa sometimes does.

I'm not really suggesting the Sox get him...just that I love him as a ballplayer and think he is going to be a top tier CFer in the game, most likely for a different franchise.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
I'm not really suggesting the Sox get him...just that I love him as a ballplayer and think he is going to be a top tier CFer in the game, most likely for a different franchise.

why even think of trading with tampa bay for value. they're cheap. They want minor leaguers who they think might make it big.. Best chance is with BA or Sweeney or othe minor leaguers

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
MLB execs have a short memory, and they saw how great Hill pitched in the 2nd half last season. Also, he has the great K/9 inning ratio going which is one of those golden stats that always raises a prospect's prestige.

His k/9 has been better than Brandon's but Brandon's K/bb ratio has been better so far in the majors and was significantly better in the minors iirc(though Hill struck out a ton). Not to mention Brandon is more than 3 years younger which is huge when talking about pitchers of this ilk. Like I said, there is absolutely no chance that Hill has more trade value than Brandon, my friend.