Comics Unleashed on the U

The Critic

so I'm channel-flipping, and I catch this......THING.....on the U.

It's the first episode of something called Comics Unleashed. At first, it seems like that same old kind of comic feature show, like the ones they run on Comedy Central on Friday nights. You know the type - they have a DJ scratching in the background, some unknown guy hosting, that overexcited Arsenio Hall Show audience.

UNTIL.....

It turns out to be a panel interview show, and the unknown guy starts introducing his guests - any "street cred" this show might possibly have VANISHES immediately.

First out is.....David Brenner!

Next......Carol Leifer!!

Then....George Wallace!!!

And finally.....Dane Cook!!!!

I think the funniest thing about this show is going to be the panel, and I don't mean their acts!!!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
so I'm channel-flipping, and I catch this......THING.....on the U.

It's the first episode of something called Comics Unleashed. At first, it seems like that same old kind of comic feature show, like the ones they run on Comedy Central on Friday nights. You know the type - they have a DJ scratching in the background, some unknown guy hosting, that overexcited Arsenio Hall Show audience.

UNTIL.....

It turns out to be a panel interview show, and the unknown guy starts introducing his guests - any "street cred" this show might possibly have VANISHES immediately.

First out is.....David Brenner!

Next......Carol Leifer!!

Then....George Wallace!!!

And finally.....Dane Cook!!!!

I think the funniest thing about this show is going to be the panel, and I don't mean their acts!!!

Don't think I've seen that on Comedy Central yet.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
Don't think I've seen that on Comedy Central yet.

Sometimes it's a DJ, sometimes it's a band, but Lord knows no one can get through the 45 seconds it takes for a comic to walk off stage without some sort of musical distraction until the host starts talking again.