Alex Gonzalez

sayitaintso

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are seriously getitng upset that we are possibly ditching the tasmanian devil. A guy who would literally swing at a ball bounced in. A guy who hit .235 and basically told the radio crew, I am going to hit a home run every single time. The same people upset at this are probably the same that are bent out of shape that we didnt keep Clutch Valentin, and the super sub known only as OMIT.

Watching Uribe swing a bat is the most sickening display of crazyness I have ever seen. He cannot control himself, and his front foot for the most part winds up facing the third baseman as he poses for his dong. Meanwhile the catcher is firing that ball over to 3rd because Taz decided to swing at the close neck high pitch on 0-2.

Come on now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
People are seriously getitng upset that we are possibly ditching the tasmanian devil. A guy who would literally swing at a ball bounced in. A guy who hit .235 and basically told the radio crew, I am going to hit a home run every single time. The same people upset at this are probably the same that are bent out of shape that we didnt keep Clutch Valentin, and the super sub known only as OMIT.

Watching Uribe swing a bat is the most sickening display of crazyness I have ever seen. He cannot control himself, and his front foot for the most part winds up facing the third baseman as he poses for his dong. Meanwhile the catcher is firing that ball over to 3rd because Taz decided to swing at the close neck high pitch on 0-2.

Come on now.

^^^ Even if this is some sick display of sarcasm, its totally true. He is the worst hitter I've seen in a long time. Sure, his defense is pretty good (not GG caliber), but hes got one of the worst hitter's eyes in the league.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
^^^ Even if this is some sick display of sarcasm, its totally true. He is the worst hitter I've seen in a long time. Sure, his defense is pretty good (not GG caliber), but hes got one of the worst hitter's eyes in the league.

Uribe's glove is gold glove caliber.

Think about it this way. He had to work to fend off Brian Anderson for the worst starters batting average.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 04:36 AM)
With or without this stupid move, no one outside of the Florida Marlins ever dismantled a championship team faster than Ken Williams

Or maybe, just maybe, KW realized that we had a lot of guys have career years in 2005. I have no problem at all with him breaking up that team.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 05:06 AM)
I don't care about his homers. We have boppers. We need to get guys on base. And since when has Uribe ever won a GG?

Yup, so lets sign Alex Gonzalez of the career .292 OBP variety to 3/$15. How's that sound? f*** boppers -- let's get guys who have the amazing ability of not being able to get on base nor hit for power. Woohoo!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
Yup, so lets sign Alex Gonzalez of the career .292 OBP variety to 3/$15. How's that sound? f*** boppers -- let's get guys who have the amazing ability of not being able to get on base nor hit for power. Woohoo!

Still higher than Uribe's. Also, Uribe has shown a tendency to have his head in his ass on the defensive side of the ball when he's doing bad offensively and he seems unmotivated at times. I don't think that would be a problem with Alex.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
I'm with SSI and would sign Alex Gonzalez in a quickie over Juan "overrated" Uribe. I don't care about his homers. We have boppers. We need to get guys on base. And since when has Uribe ever won a GG?

Since when does Gonzalez get on base? For the difference in salary we'd be expected to pay him over Uribe, you'd expect an OBP higher than .300.

If Williams is serious about singing him, I have to believe it's due to the likelihood of retaining him through 2010. Not because of any supposed intangles he may possess over Taz.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
Or not. .297. But an excellent point.

Uribe's OBP for the year: .257

Gonzalez = .299

Gonzalez has only had 2 as bad years as Uribe did this year in terms of his OBP. His rookie year and the other happened 7 years ago.

He also isn't a mental midget in terms of bringing his offensive problems over to the defensive side.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
Still higher than Uribe's. Also, Uribe has shown a tendency to have his head in his ass on the defensive side of the ball when he's doing bad offensively and he seems unmotivated at times. I don't think that would be a problem with Alex.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Uribe's OBP for the year: .257

Gonzalez = .299

Gonzalez has only had 2 as bad years as Uribe did this year in terms of his OBP. His rookie year and the other happened 7 years ago.

He also isn't a mental midget in terms of bringing his offensive problems over to the defensive side.

What's so hard to understand? You said Uribe's CAREER obp was below Gonzalez's.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
My mistake. I was under the impression he did have a lower one. Don't get your panties twisted.

Don't try to change what you said. You seemed to think it would be telling if Uribe had a lower career obp. Now that Gonzalez does, that suddenly goes out the window.