Thanksgiving Weekend Sales

retro1983hat

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
I only waited outside in the middle of the night once and nearly got trampled and got nothing I wanted at Walmart. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, how do the sales work at the stores that are 24 hours, like Meijer? Do you wander around the store until they unveil the ad item?

tip #1.... buy online

tip #2.... buy online

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
I only waited outside in the middle of the night once and nearly got trampled and got nothing I wanted at Walmart. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, how do the sales work at the stores that are 24 hours, like Meijer? Do you wander around the store until they unveil the ad item?

I've never had a problem getting the stuff I wanted. It just depends on what you're looking for and how soon you get there.

At the 24-hour Wal-Mart, I think they just had all their "early-bird specials" stacked on pallets in the backroom. They brought them out at 5AM or whenever the sale started. Last year I went in there late in the afternoon and they still had the "early bird" prices on a lot of stuff.

BTW, google black friday ads(there are tons of sites) and figure out what you want and where you can get it now.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
tip #1.... buy online

tip #2.... buy online

I saw a 250 GB external HD for $40 in one of the ads. You just don't find those kind of deals online...

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)

That one is twice the price I mentioned. Plus, it's after you mail in a rebate and get your money back 6-10 weeks later.

Once again, you just can't find those kind of deals online.

Besides that, the one I'm looking at is made by I/O Magic. I've never heard of Beyond Micro...

Edited by Iwritecode

I went last year. Left around 3, went to Bloomingdale area, didn't think there'd be that many, ha, the Best Buy went around the back of whole shopping center itself (pretty big). I was thinking of getting one of the computers, but that was one of the bigger doorbusters, so no chance. We chilled in the car until everyone got in the store, and then went in. Still got some good deals, like USB drives, DVD Box Sets, great for gifts, I saved a ton of money with people thinking I spent a lot more on them. But yeah, if you want one of those frontpage doorbusters, you'll be pushing your luck after 1-2 am

It was actually a real fun experience though, 5 am, seeing everyone run around like madmen. Then go get some breakfast and sleep til the afternoon. If you go earlier, you can try to cut or look for people to and see the near brawls and riots.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Nov 18, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
yes, it is the core. go to amazon.com, you should see the info (i'm logged in)

even core is worth it. obviously millions of people will be trying, itll be like trying to get world series tickets.

but its SOOOO worth it.

Got back about an hour ago, went to the target in crestwood at about 3:30 after seeing the line at the best buy wrap around the store. I was number 10 in line and got quite the haul

Aiptek MPVR+ Digital Camcorder

Kodak 6.1 MegaPixel Digital Camera

V Audio Rocker

:D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
I got a 84"X 53" Thomas the train set which includes 7 motorized engines adn something like 150 pieces for only $50 at WMT. It was way over half price.

Picked up a Phil Ochs CD for $10.

Picked up a book for my brother at over 50% off.

Picked up some exercise materials for myself at a big discount.

Picked up an AJP jersey at an original $90 marked down to $56.