"Kramer" loses it!!

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Its hard to say for sure with that fuzzy video, but looking at the way he was moving and talking, I'd wager he was on something. Or maybe just really drunk.

In vino veritas, Mel and Michael. I won't feel too bad if they both fizzle out and disappear from my TV.

I'm guessing he's in rehab before Thanksgiving.

And very apologetic.

And still kind of done as far as mainstream Hollywood is concerned.

"That's what happens when you interrupt the white man"?????

To me, that's every bit as condescending and racist as his use of the Big N.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
I'm guessing he's in rehab before Thanksgiving.

And very apologetic.

And still kind of done as far as mainstream Hollywood is concerned.

"That's what happens when you interrupt the white man"?????

To me, that's every bit as condescending and racist as his use of the Big N.

Agree on all points.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
and there were people laughing. Ugh. This is as bad as carlos mencia.

There were lots of people walking out too, others complaining. I think the laughter was probably that nervous, laugh at a funeral sort of thing.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 20, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
I've only seen a little bit of Mancia's act, but it was enough to keep me away from it.

Bah. Mencia is a breath of fresh air. Some of his skits are lame, but he's got some good racial humor and does it with some tact. I think it's better for people to play on racial stereotypes like he does rather than ignore it all together.

People in this country are too-damned sensitive in my opinion. Richards obviously went way over the line, but I find it funny that no one says anything about the hecklers. If you're going to be an ass*ole you should be prepared to deal with an ass*ole coming back at you.

And to continue highjacking the thread a little, does anyone else chuckle a little when the media says things like 'he used the n-word?' Maybe it's just me, but when I listen to rap on the radio and 'the n-word' is thrown around left and right freely, and then I read an article that doesn't dare spell out the word, I just laugh. Such a double-standard. I'm not advocating the words use. I just don't understand why that particular word is so taboo (only when white people use it) but we still can call women ho's and b****es and no one really says anything.

Could be some high ratings for Letterman tonight.....

With pal Jerry Seinfeld already Letterman's scheduled guest on Monday's "The Late Show," Michael Richards appeared via satellite to apologize for the shocking incident at the Laugh Factory on Friday night. TMZ obtained the horrifying video of Richards in a bigoted tirade against a heckler.

According to a source, Richards was close to tears during the apology.

Our cameras caught Seinfeld leaving the Ed Sullivan Theatre after taping his Letterman appearance. He told us, "It's all on the show tonight."

Seinfeld's reps confirmed to TMZ that "Michael appeared via satellite and apologized."

:crying

Well, the video exceeded all expectations. It was almost as if halfway through the tirade he realized his mistakes and attempted to spin his actions into social commentary. "Those words..........those words....." Hilarious.

I love how one of the audience members leaving the theater mentioned his status since Seinfeld. Called him a "cracker-ass cracker" as well.

Stealing from a blog, here's the text of his appearance on Letterman.

Letterman: “Why don’t you explain exactly what happened for the folks who may not know.”

Richards: “I lost my temper on stage. I was at a comedy club trying to do my act and I got heckled and I took it badly and went into a rage and said some pretty nasty things to some Afro-Americans, a lot of trash talk, and uh…”

Letterman: “And you were actually being heckled or were they just talking and disturbing the act?”

Richards: “That was going on too.”

Richards: “…You know, I’m really busted up over this and I’m very, very sorry to those people in the audience, the blacks, the Hispanics, whites – everyone that was there that took the brunt of that anger and hate and rage and how it came through, and I’m concerned about more hate and more rage and more anger coming through, not just towards me but towards a black/white conflict. There’s a great deal of disturbance in this country and how black feel about what happened in Katrina, and, you know, many of the comics, many of performers are in Las Vegas and New Orleans trying to raise money for what happened there, and for this to happen, for me to be in a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, you know, I’m deeply, deeply sorry. And I’ll get to the force field of this hostility, why it’s there, why the rage is in any of us, why the trash takes place, whether or not it’s between me and a couple of hecklers in the audience or between this country and another nation, the rage – “

Letterman: “But Michael, let me interrupt here for a second and ask a question about had the people doing the heckling or the people who were not paying attention, had they been white or Caucasian or any aother race, what would have been the nature of your response then?”

Richards: “It may have happened. It may have happened. You know, I’m a performer. I push the envelope, I work in a very uncontrolled manner onstage. I do a lot of free association, it’s spontaneous, I go into character. I don’t know, in view of the situation and the act going where it was going, I don’t know, the rage did go all over the place. It went to everybody in the room. But you can’t – you know it’s, I don’t – I know people could, blacks could feel – I’m not a racist, that’s what so insane about this, and yet it’s said, it comes through, it fires out of me and even now in the passion that’s here as I confront myself.”

The full interview with Seinfeld and Richards will be broadcast on the LATE SHOW tonight

Edited by Balta1701

You have to imagine Jerry is pissed about Richards taking time from his spot on Letterman. I watched him on the Daily Show last week promoting a movie of his, which I can only assume he's on tonight for the same reason. Too bad no one will be thinking about that.

People in the audience are laughing as Richards apologizes!

This is unbelievable. I don't believe many realize what he did. Seinfeld had to tell people laughing to be quiet, and Richards addressed them as well.

Edited by Flash Tizzle