Nomar resigns with Dodgers

iWiN4PreP

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
The Thomas signing was also awful. Nomar at 3rd base is gonna be a joke and he'll be hurt in no time. I don't give that much money to guys that have proven over a relatively long period that they can't stay healthy.

What exactly is it that suggests Nomah will be playing 3rd? Did somethign happen to Betemit?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 21, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
What exactly is it that suggests Nomah will be playing 3rd? Did somethign happen to Betemit?

I don't know if you caught the Times/Register after Pierre signed, but Nomar said he was very open to playing 3rd base and Coletti mentioned that as well. Specifically they were talking about how Loney would play first with Nomar at 3rd.

Personally speaking I think it would be idiotic because I think Betemeit is pretty damn solid. And by no means was it 100% set in stone that Nomar would play 3rd, rather it was just said as a possibility because they want Loney at first or in the field (and obviously he could also play RF, but from the sounds of it they are trying to find a Rfer).