Bush Twin robbed in Argentina

Soxy

Link

Now that is scary, especially if the Secret Service were with her. Fortunately it was just a purse. Yikes.

Bush's Daughter Robbed in Argentina

By Associated Press

Published November 22, 2006, 6:43 AM CST

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina -- U.S. and Argentine media reported that one of President Bush's 24-year-old twin daughters had her purse stolen while being guarded by the Secret Service during a visit here.

ABC News, citing unidentified law enforcement reports, reported on its Web site Tuesday that Barbara Bush's purse and cell phone were taken while she was dining in a Buenos Aires restaurant.

La Nacion newspaper, citing anonymous government sources, said in its online edition early Wednesday that one of Bush's daughters had her purse taken Sunday afternoon in the popular tourist district of San Telmo.

A pair of thieves removed the purse from under a table while Secret Service agents stood guard at a distance, La Nacion reported. La Nacion said its sources did not reveal which of the Bush daughters had her purse stolen.

Argentine police told The Associated Press they had no complaint of any such incident on file, and the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires said it would have no comment. In Washington, the White House, Secret Service and State Department also declined comment.

CNN cited a law-enforcement source who was briefed on the incident as saying that "at no point were the protectees out of visual contact and at no point was there any risk of harm."

Argentina's largest-circulation daily, Clarin, ran an online report citing the government news agency Telam as saying that Barbara Bush had her purse taken along with a cell phone that was inside it. Telam cited an official source who did not wish to be identified by name and who provided no other details.

Barbara's twin, Jenna, visited neighboring Paraguay last month to take part in a UNICEF program for young professionals.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
LOL. The same government who can't protect the President's kid from getting her pursesnatched, managed to pull of the greatest conspiracy of all time in 9-11.

They DID! :bang

Where's friggin' Izzy when you need him?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
LOL. The same government who can't protect the President's kid from getting her pursesnatched, managed to pull of the greatest conspiracy of all time in 9-11.

The purse-snaching was all part of the conspiracy, don't you see?

Well, I'm sure you're well aware that it was a PRADA bag. Which is just one letter away from PRAVDA, the news organ of the Soviet Union. I think we all know what that means.... And sewn within the bag there may have been evidence linking the Bilderbergs to an Illuminati that the world has never seen.....

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)
Well, I'm sure you're well aware that it was a PRADA bag. Which is just one letter away from PRAVDA, the news organ of the Soviet Union. I think we all know what that means.... And sewn within the bag there may have been evidence linking the Bilderbergs to an Illuminati that the world has never seen.....

the first rule of illuminati is talking about illuminati.... it's the anti-fight club.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
I hear it had something to do with the love that dare not speak its name, you know... Kevin Federline. :)

What love is that? Rex Kicka**'s love of Bea Arthur I'm guessing. ;)

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
US Embassy asks Bush twins to withdraw from Argentina. Bush twins refuse, vowing to "Stay the course" and saying that setting a timetable for their departure would embolden the purse-snatchers.

the comments at the bottom of the article are the best....

here are some highlights:

what's this? a bush stubbornly staying the course despite repeated warnings regarding security? i’m shocked.

these bushes are not cut-and-runners. no, they're gin-and-tonic-ers.

25 and still bimbos.

Ah let them have fun, if they have problems they can blame their stupid father.

What do they expect when the father is a world renowned terrorist.

Why aren't they serving in Iraq?

and my favorite

Hey, take it easy, Chelsea would have had the same problem, it's just no one wanted to party with her...