When it Rains it Pours

LDF

jay williams was hurt in a bike accident and according to what i have been reading, the rpts are not good.

i hope he recovers.

And they have been suspiously quiet on details. I pray for the guy!

it sounds like a career endiing injury. let alone walking again.

Guest hotsoxchick1

they said tontie on the news.. second surgery... and they werent going to say just yet how bad it was cause there was some more testing and such they need to do after words..........i hope he is ok......hate to see anyone go down like that... peliminary testing showed no drugs and such though.. so thats a good thing...........i wish him well........

This really has turned into a sad and tragic situation. Jay Williams had so much talent and potential. Let's hope he can have a complete recovery. But, if that's not to be then that he can at least live a normal life.

just read this, what will you do if you are the bulls? a contract is a contract.

"Williams, his agents and the Bulls must consider how the player's accident Thursday affects the status of his contract, which prohibits riding motorcycles as a sport." >>>> trib

just read this, what will you do if you are the bulls? a contract is a contract.

"Williams, his agents and the Bulls must consider how the player's accident Thursday affects the status of his contract, which prohibits riding motorcycles as a sport." >>>> trib

Wow. This could get really interesting.

Wow. This could get really interesting.

i don't know. i am a firm believer in a contract is a contract and that is all. i hate this bs on how baseball players want sp things before the contract is up like an extension or renegoiattion or something like that. basketball was the same until the cap and still some players expect that.

but the bulls took a blackeye with the fatman being at the helm. so do we do this for the "PR" purpose or what? How will other teams do it? isn't he covered by the insurance clause of the contract or is this what they are talking about?

Uh oh! :o

Guest hotsoxchick1
which prohibits riding motorcycles as a sport."
well theres a nice big loop hole.. prohibits it as a "sport" well he was riding on a side street .. not in stiff competition on a track.... wheres the sport in that??????? :huh: me thinks if thats how the contract is indeed stated then he has no problem gettin some money or something out of jr and da bulls........

this is not too good for williams. i really hope he gets better. f*** his career in playing bball, his health is more important. >>>>>

trib>>>>>

The other said the nerve damage was so severe that doctors initially believed amputation might be necessary.

That is no longer a concern, the source said.

Official information from the hospital and the Bulls on Williams' condition and prognosis isn't expected until Monday at the earliest.

I was hit by a car as a pedestrian in 1985 and had my leg shattered. Had a rod in my leg for over a year to stablize it. And lost length on my femur - maybe 2 millimeters, which a lot. And I lost inner thigh muscle (big sinking depression where muscle should be).

Presuming he is in good to great shape, and if his injuries are as reported, based on my experience, he may be able to attempt to return to b-ball in 2005. He'll have to learn to compensate, as I have - but return, he should be able to, in time. I do step aerobics, weight, yoga and pilates, and have learned to work around it all - no one even knows until I point it out -

in the next year he will be in incredible pain and a lot of difficult physical therapy. It will 2 years at least for him to attempt to return. I wish him well.

Edit note: I just read this on the Trib site:

" But two sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Williams needs multiple surgical procedures to reconstruct his left knee. Surgery to repair Williams' pelvic area was performed Thursday night. The upcoming surgeries may not be performed for at least a week.

One source said Williams sustained extensive nerve damage in his left leg and also has a torn anterior cruciate ligament."

He'll never play basketball again.

Edited by cwsox

I said in another thread he was a dumbass. This just confirms it. What a goof. Hope you walk again MORON! :bang

jay williams was hurt in a bike accident and according to what i have been reading, the rpts are not good.

i hope he recovers.

Jay Williams, meet Aaron Rowand.

To be 21 or 25 and indestructable....and then something like that happens.

I wish them both the best of luck. I just don't think Jay Williams will come back from this one. I hope to see him in a basketball uniform sometime in the near future. I don't think I will though.

Then again, I thought Willie McGahee's career was done, and he worked his ass off to get back in shape, and he ended up being a first round pick by my Buffalo Bills(if he does in fact pan out, Travis Henry then becomes trade bait, and he brings in a pick or two)

I said in another thread he was a dumbass. This just confirms it. What a goof. Hope you walk again MORON!  :bang

SUPRISED, no one ripped ya for callin him a moron

BE GOOD

Why would you rip Killa for telling the truth?

Is it tragic? Yes. Something like this is always tragic. But just because it is tragic, does that make him smart for doing it? Of course not. What he did was stupid, and now he has to live with his consequences.

I said in another thread he was a dumbass. This just confirms it. What a goof. Hope you walk again MORON!  :bang

BE GOOD

Is it tragic? Yes. Something like this is always tragic. But just because it is tragic, does that make him smart for doing it? Of course not. What he did was stupid, and now he has to live with his consequences.

OK thats true but I didnt rip killa, I said I am surprised any Bulls fan didnt rip killa for callin him a moron

BE GOOD killa

BE GOOD

OK thats true but I didnt rip killa, I said I am surprised any Bulls fan didnt rip killa for callin him a moron

BE GOOD killa

Why would you rip him for what he said. JWill's gift is his athletic ability. It could have made him a superstar, and rich beyond his means. Instead he took a foolish chance and lost. Now he might never walk again, let alone be the impact NBA player that he could have been.

BE GOOD

BE GOOD killa

Why would you rip him for what he said. JWill's gift is his athletic ability. It could have made him a superstar, and rich beyond his means. Instead he took a foolish chance and lost. Now he might never walk again, let alone be the impact NBA player that he could have been.

LOL I said many times I didnt rip killa for callin him a moron I said I am surpised no Bulls fan had ripped killa

WERE using rip a lot

Does riding a bike down the road qualify as a sport or are they talking about organized riding? Like racing? Or dirt biking?

IMO, what he was doing is not considered a "sport"

BE GOOD

BE GOOD killa

LOL I said many times I didnt rip killa for callin him a moron I said I am surpised no Bulls fan had ripped killa

WERE using rip a lot

Relax man, I am answering what you said, no Bulls fan ripped Killa because he was right...

This was on ESPN today.

More surgery for Williams 

Bulls guard Jay Williams injured his knee and pelvis in addition to breaking his leg in a motorcycle accident, a source close to the player said Sunday.

The source, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity, would not elaborate.

The Chicago Tribune reported Sunday that Williams sustained extensive nerve damage to his left leg and has a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The Tribune also reported that Williams did not have a license to drive a motorcycle in Illinois and had been ticketed three times in the past 2-1/2 years for motor vehicle violations.

The Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times said Williams underwent surgery Thursday to repair pelvic injuries and he would require multiple operations on his left knee. Both newspapers cited anonymous sources.

Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital in Chicago would not discuss Williams' condition Sunday.

Earlier, the AP reported, according to its source, that the injuries were severe enough to possibly jeopardize Williams' career.

BE GOOD

BE GOOD killa

WERE using rip a lot

Relax man, I am answering what you said, no Bulls fan ripped Killa because he was right...

OHHH ok good, just tryin to make myself clear

BE GOOD

BE GOOD killa

WERE using rip a lot

OHHH ok good, just tryin to make myself clear

IS it me or is this gettina little long? :huh: :lol: :lol:

BE GOOD