When it Rains it Pours

LDF

This is the lastest on JWill. I wonder if this changes who the Bulls will draft on Thursday?

Bulls guard Jay Williams most likely will miss next season because of the broken pelvis and knee injuries from a motorcycle crash last week.

"I would have to assume that, yes," Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson said Monday when asked about Williams' future. "That's a question for doctors and for his family to answer, but we do have to work under that assumption."

Paxson also confirmed that Williams has a fractured pelvis, as well as ligament damage in his left knee. He declined further comment, citing federal privacy laws.

Williams, the No. 2 pick in last year's draft, remains in intensive care at Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital. He's expected to have more surgery.

"When we think about him we think in terms of this young man who is 21 that made a mistake in terms of judgment, but that's not the issue," Paxson said. "The issue is him getting better and that's all we're focused on as an organization.

"We only are concerned with Jay getting better and we know that he's getting great care where he's at. With the support of his family and his friends, he is going to be just fine," Paxson said.

Williams was riding a sportbike that he had purchased a week earlier when it slammed into a pole Thursday afternoon on the North Side of Chicago. He was taken to the hospital, where he underwent surgery.

Way back when I took the Motorcycle Safety Institute driver safety course the instructor quoted a stat that something like 50% of college kids will crash their new sportbikes in the first week of ownership. I wonder how long he'd been riding? If not inexperience any word on what may have contributed to the accident?

This is the lastest on JWill.  I wonder if this changes who the Bulls will draft on Thursday?

Bulls guard Jay Williams most likely will miss next season because of the broken pelvis and knee injuries from a motorcycle crash last week.

"I would have to assume that, yes," Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson said Monday when asked about Williams' future. "That's a question for doctors and for his family to answer, but we do have to work under that assumption."

Paxson also confirmed that Williams has a fractured pelvis, as well as ligament damage in his left knee. He declined further comment, citing federal privacy laws.

Williams, the No. 2 pick in last year's draft, remains in intensive care at Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital. He's expected to have more surgery.

"When we think about him we think in terms of this young man who is 21 that made a mistake in terms of judgment, but that's not the issue," Paxson said. "The issue is him getting better and that's all we're focused on as an organization.

"We only are concerned with Jay getting better and we know that he's getting great care where he's at. With the support of his family and his friends, he is going to be just fine," Paxson said.

Williams was riding a sportbike that he had purchased a week earlier when it slammed into a pole Thursday afternoon on the North Side of Chicago. He was taken to the hospital, where he underwent surgery.

mo williams, second rounder is the pick that the bulls have to make.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Way back when I took the Motorcycle Safety Institute driver safety course the instructor quoted a stat that something like 50% of college kids will crash their new sportbikes in the first week of ownership. I wonder how long he'd been riding? If not inexperience any word on what may have contributed to the accident?

good catch tex.. could very well be lack of experience, since the reports say no drugs or substance were found in him.....most kids now days who get those crotch rocket type of bikes just dont realize when they are going 500 mph with their hair on fire the serious damage they can do.........i have riden for many years and always used extreme caution.....you never know what others around you are going to do and the simplest thing can happen and usualy does....i have seen some pretty nasty wrecks in my time... once on a trip out to sturgis i saw two bikes get hit by a deer.. the deer jumped out of a ravine onto the two lane highway, on top of the bikes as they drove by and messed up the bikers badly.. one died on his way to the hospital......you always have to be even more cautious on a bike and aware of whats going on around you constantly...........i hope that jay comes out of this ok... its gonna take time to heal but i hope hes alright.........

good catch tex.. could very well be lack of experience, since the reports say no drugs or substance were found in him.....most kids now days who get those crotch rocket type of bikes just dont realize when they are going 500 mph with their hair on fire the serious damage they can do.........i have riden for many years and always used extreme caution.....you never know what others around you are going to do and the simplest thing can happen and usualy does....i have seen some pretty nasty wrecks in my time... once on a trip out to sturgis i saw two bikes get hit by a deer.. the deer jumped out of a ravine onto the two lane highway, on top of the bikes as they drove by and messed up the bikers badly.. one died on his way to the hospital......you always have to be even more cautious on a bike and aware of whats going on around you constantly...........i hope that jay comes out of this ok... its gonna take time to heal but i hope hes alright.........

did you ride with anybody?

My driver's ed teacher gave us some advice that rings so true. There are three "T"s to avoid when driving anything

1. Trucks

2. Trees

3. Trains

I guess Jay didn't learn that.

I shouldn't speculate but the stereotypical 21 year old on that Yamaha was probably learning to wheelie when he lost control.

Guest hotsoxchick1
did you ride with anybody?

i rode with lots of people... i drove my own bike though....if thats what you are asking, because there is a difference in the terms there lol.... all the way out there and back.... my ass never hurt so much lol...........but it was all well worth it.. the most beautiful countryside i have ever seen......i would highly recomend it to everyone to experience just once in their lifetime...........