Scotty Po

aboz56

Very good points by Yasny. I'm surprised some don't seem to grasp what you're saying.

And for those saying Pods did nothing after the break in 2005, check again. While it is true Pods was never the same as far as stealing bases after the hamstring injury in August, he was still quite productive. His September splits: .337/.386/.404. And, of course, there was the postseason. I realize Pods is not very popular around here. But give the guy credit for 2005, atleast. 2006? Yes, he was bad. Real bad a lot of the time. But who really feels comfortable going into 2007 with one of Sweeney/Fields/Owens in LF? Those are pretty much our options, assuming no trade is made to bring in a leadoff hitter. I know I'm not comfortable with that. And I don't think it's out of the realm of realism that Pods can have a year closer to 2005 than 2006. I'd rather take my chances on that.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Very good points by Yasny. I'm surprised some don't seem to grasp what you're saying.

And for those saying Pods did nothing after the break in 2005, check again. While it is true Pods was never the same as far as stealing bases after the hamstring injury in August, he was still quite productive. His September splits: .337/.386/.404. And, of course, there was the postseason. I realize Pods is not very popular around here. But give the guy credit for 2005, atleast. 2006? Yes, he was bad. Real bad a lot of the time. But who really feels comfortable going into 2007 with one of Sweeney/Fields/Owens in LF? Those are pretty much our options, assuming no trade is made to bring in a leadoff hitter. I know I'm not comfortable with that. And I don't think it's out of the realm of realism that Pods can have a year closer to 2005 than 2006. I'd rather take my chances on that.

You were way drunk :cheers

worst case scenario, Pods is back. There's no way the Sox go into next year with the AAA brigade in LF.

QUOTE(Hatchetman @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
i don't see pods being much worse than figgins. phil rogers suggested figgins in CF and pods in LF. how stupid is that? and he's the local baseball "expert."

If you do this, then you can drop Iguchi into a rbi spot in the lineup. Lots of speed at the top of the order. Of course, I don't know what happens with 3B, unless it's Fields, who I don't think is ready for the majors.

QUOTE(Hatchetman @ Nov 29, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
i don't see pods being much worse than figgins. phil rogers suggested figgins in CF and pods in LF. how stupid is that? and he's the local baseball "expert."

It's extremely stupid.

If Rogers thinks KW will make Garcia/Crede for Santana/Figgins and be done for the offseason, putting Pods in LF, Figgins in CF, and Fields at 3B, then he's just guessing, and it's a very poor guess.

As always, no one has any idea WTF KW is doing.

I didnt know where to put this so I thought this would be the best. Since 2005 and watching Pods from my seats every weekend... a friend of mine that sits behind me pointed out that Pods has a lot of tells when he is going to steal a base. Specifically the way he moves his lead hand and wiggles it right before the pitcher delivers and he makes his move. It was funny counting the times that he did this and then make his way to second base... he was basically tipping off the catcher he was running!

So could be it that in 05 the AL was not picking up on his tell tail sign of stealing... then catchers wised up and began to watch his hands and not his feet?????