Sox & Angels Talking; Crede/Garcia for Santana/Figgins

Steve9347

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Here we go...

And of course Moiph took all off 30 seconds to spin this into cub talk. LOL

Odd maybe that writer should have Stoneman read soxtalk. Because he didnt see the big steal for the Angels like everyone does here.

Stoneman might balk because they dont want to give up young pitching. Doesnt he realize that he needs to throw in at least 2 top end prospects for Freddy alone.

I seriously hope this gets done. This would be the best option for young starting pitching coming back. I like him better than Danks or Pelfrey.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(knightni @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Here we go...

summary of angels beat writer on with murph...

it has def. been discussed according to the beat writer....sox are def. willing to deal crede, but they dont need to.....sox also asked for santana, but angels said they need pitching to get pitching, so talks extended to garcia......he also said those wouldnt be the only 4 players involved, kinda sounded like prospects would be involved one way or the otehr........says figgins is best suit at 2b, but has a good arm and can play OF well enough for a guy who hasnt played there much...says the angels like him at 3b, and will play him there everday if they cant get a power guy.......says hes not a bonafide leadoff guy based on last year, but based on the year before he was....about santana he says.....angels have put high price on santana, but will trade bc everyone wants young pitching....

says both GMs arent content with the trade as it is, so something else will have to be in place....says the name have been discussed for a couple of months....

There's been discussion...

He's not sure, but...

These 4 guys are not the total guys in the offer...

Figgins is best at 2b...

He's not necessarily a solid leadoff guy...

Santana's not arb eligible for a few years...

Neither team likes this trade as it is...

That's it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
And of course Moiph took all off 30 seconds to spin this into cub talk. LOL

"Reports are saying that the White Sox are in talks with the Angels for some young pitching.....Speaking of pitching, the cubs reportedly will land Jason Schmidt!!! The cubs quest for a ring is almost complete"

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
"Reports are saying that the White Sox are in talks with the Angels for some young pitching.....Speaking of pitching, the cubs reportedly will land Jason Schmidt!!! The cubs quest for a ring is almost complete"

Rock you kid and all, but I was in a line for Black Friday last week and some dolt in a cubs hat was giving me a 2 hour diatribe on how this is their year due to Soriano alone. I had to control myself not to choke him out.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Rock you kid and all, but I was in a line for Black Friday last week and some dolt in a cubs hat was giving me a 2 hour diatribe on how this is their year due to Soriano alone. I had to control myself not to choke him out.

You should have put on your Cubs Suck shirt

QUOTE(daa84 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
summary of angels beat writer on with murph...

it has def. been discussed according to the beat writer....sox are def. willing to deal crede, but they dont need to.....sox also asked for santana, but angels said they need pitching to get pitching, so talks extended to garcia......he also said those wouldnt be the only 4 players involved, kinda sounded like prospects would be involved one way or the otehr........says figgins is best suit at 2b, but has a good arm and can play OF well enough for a guy who hasnt played there much...says the angels like him at 3b, and will play him there everday if they cant get a power guy.......says hes not a bonafide leadoff guy based on last year, but based on the year before he was....about santana he says.....angels have put high price on santana, but will trade bc everyone wants young pitching....

says both GMs arent content with the trade as it is, so something else will have to be in place....says the name have been discussed for a couple of months....

Thanks for the summary, guys.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
You should have put on your Cubs Suck shirt

Actually it was cold as hell outside waiting for the store to open up, but when we went in I did take my coat off and did proudly display my "Hey Cub Fans" shirt with the middle finger with the world series ring on the middle finger. 2 hours of hearing attendance crap, socio-economic garbage, and just plain poo that the usual warped cub fan spews.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:58 PM)
Actually it was cold as hell outside waiting for the store to open up, but when we went in I did take my coat off and did proudly display my "Hey Cub Fans" shirt with the middle finger with the world series ring on the middle finger. 2 hours of hearing attendance crap, socio-economic garbage, and just plain poo that the usual warped cub fan spews.

oh, then you punch him in the face.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
oh, then you punch him in the face.

I waited for hours in the cold for a 37 inch LCD for $499. It on my wall, and making fun of him here > getting kicked out of line and the satisfaction of beating the flub fan.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
I wonder what it would take from our side to make this happen? I wonder if they would consider dealing Santana/Aybar rarther than Figgins?

Or if something such as Crede/Garcia/Phillips for Santana/Figgins?

Stoneman will have no problem ditching Figgins over Aybar. Stoneman loves his prospects and has a hard time getting rid of them. He has the anti-KW philosophy on it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
I waited for hours in the cold for a 37 inch LCD for $499. It on my wall, and making fun of him here > getting kicked out of line and the satisfaction of beating the flub fan.

Stoneman will have no problem ditching Figgins over Aybar. Stoneman loves his prospects and has a hard time getting rid of them. He has the anti-KW philosophy on it.

Jeesh, where did you get the lcd?

As for Stoneman, I am confused. I understand he loves his prospects. So what you mean is he would have no problem dealing Figgins and keeping Aybar, correct? So I guess the answer is you believe it would be easier and cheaper to acquire Santana and Figgins rather than Santana and Aybar?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)

schmidt would help them a ton, but they still have some holes to fill. If they would like to go out and try to buy a team this year, more power to them. As we have seen in the last year, it doesnt matter what your team looks like on paper.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
I wonder what it would take from our side to make this happen? I wonder if they would consider dealing Santana/Aybar rarther than Figgins?

Or if something such as Crede/Garcia/Phillips for Santana/Figgins?

If you think that Heath Phillips is going to be the epiphany in this deal, you are smoking some cheeba. He has noooooo trade value.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Jeesh, where did you get the lcd?

As for Stoneman, I am confused. I understand he loves his prospects. So what you mean is he would have no problem dealing Figgins and keeping Aybar, correct? So I guess the answer is you believe it would be easier and cheaper to acquire Santana and Figgins rather than Santana and Aybar?

Microcenter in Westmont, 37inch Olevia LCD 1080i. They had 42inchers for 799.

Stoneman is very attached to his prospects. With their system they could of made some big splashes at the trade deadline and chose not to, because he really likes to keep his system intact.

Figgins makes a few bucks and is more expendable with Matthews signed. Matthews can hit leadoff.

Now the question is, will Ozzie want to have KW keep Pods in LF and put Chone in CF so he can have his mini-mee speed lineup and put Tad further down the lineup. Who knows. It could also spell that Pods gets spun off for something.

QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Crede Garcia and Tracey

LOL

Crede and Garcia = 3 player-years of not-quite-All Star talent

Santana and Figgins = 7 player-years of not-quite All-Star talent (and Santana has the potential to be a perennial All-Star by the time he reaches FA)

This may be tough to see..... 7 > 3

Adenhart = one of the top pitching prospects in baseball

Tracey = AAA reliever with control problems.

Adenhart >>>>>>>>>>> Tracey

Your deal is ludicrous.

I don't see where this is a bad deal for the Angels. We should not be asking what more we can throw in, we should be looking for more from the Angels. Chone Figgins and Ervin Santana is not enough for Joe Crede and Freddy Garcia. I am sorry, it just isn't. The Angels desperately need a 3rd baseman. Joe Crede is a proven all around talent at 3rd base and plays at a very high level. Freddy Garcia is a proven workhorse pitcher and big game pitcher. If they throw in anything less than Brandon Wood or Erik Aybar then this deal is not getting done for me. At the very least they must give us Brandon Wood/Erik Aybar, Chone Figgins, and Ervin Santana for Joe Crede and Freddy Garcia. If not, I walk away.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
I don't see where this is a bad deal for the Angels. We should not be asking what more we can throw in, we should be looking for more from the Angels. Chone Figgins and Ervin Santana is not enough for Joe Crede and Freddy Garcia. I am sorry, it just isn't. The Angels desperately need a 3rd baseman. Joe Crede is a proven all around talent at 3rd base and plays at a very high level. Freddy Garcia is a proven workhorse pitcher and big game pitcher. If they throw in anything less than Brandon Wood or Erik Aybar then this deal is not getting done for me. At the very least they must give us Brandon Wood/Erik Aybar, Chone Figgins, and Ervin Santana for Joe Crede and Ervin Santana. If not, I walk away.

So basically we are either jacking up payroll to 135 million to support our aging expensive pitching staff and boras clients, or we are losing Crede and getting a draft pick. I think you overestimate our players value.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
this might have been mentioned in the post somewhere, but I did not see it.

What is Figgins defense like, at all the various positions? Could he play center?

He is pretty brutal at 3B, good at 2B, decent in the OF with an average arm.